Pictures of your latest ride

the best part of my usual training ride in Turin

Nice. Grassy knolls and other soft grounds are great for training, for you can push yourself to the limit, fall all you want, and not really get hurt. Practicing of finding that ’ sweet ’ angle (yeah, it is about maintaining that certain angle) when climbing and descending. But of course you probably finding that out already:)

Another ride to Donna Nook today, then off-road tracks home :sunglasses:

Pics are of some targets at the bombing range. Unfortunately nothing flying again today…

Pretty fall colors in Minnesota right now. Go ride!

Your 36 looks pretty cool :slight_smile:

How are you finding that seat, doesn’t it fall out from under you a lot? I’ve got the Nimbus Nightrider and it has what I find a fairly uncomfortable seat.

Thanks! It’s been fun to ride. I’ve been riding the Zero seat for about four months. I’ve been pretty happy with it. I like the narrow profile. The “flatness” felt weird at first, but I don’t think about it when I ride now. I ride with padded bike shorts, too. If I ride more than about 5 miles without a break, I’ll get a twinge or two, but I don’t get the numbness than I got with the old stock KH seat.

This ride was a few days ago, just gotten round to uploading :smiley: Went to a country park I have never been to before yet is only a few miles from my house. It’s built around the original spot where the canal was fed from the river, so lots of industrial history lying around!

Apparently they have a bit of a pest problem…

Some funky rocks, part of the Irwell sculpture trail

Don’t worry sign, I wasn’t planning to dive here anyway… The river wier, just after the canal feed:

Standing on a bridge that must be a good century old, over some fast-rushing water. Not comforting, but I got to photo the control box for the canal feed!

Some more old bits of rock holding the canal in:

An aquaduct, basically a bridge that the canal goes over canals/rivers in. This one carries the water towards my town… I think… While the one underneath goes some place else :roll_eyes:

Definately one for the Crappy Design connisseurs. Bury is where I’m headed, Ramsbottom where I came from. Which way do I go…??

Knardy Night Ride. Preparing for my first proper muni ride in Oregon. :slight_smile:

Wow, your 29er looks Amazing! Love it! Time to get fatter tires on mine…guess I wont sell mine afterall…:slight_smile:

Hey Lance is this you? My aunt snapped this shot at Colorado park by the lagoon during the marathon. Kinda cool if it is you…small world. :slight_smile:
She sent this to me and was excited to see a unicyclist in the marathon.

IMAG8682.jpg

Thanks! fat tires are the way to go. :slight_smile: Which uni are you thinking about selling?

QX. To be fair, I really didnt give it enough saddle time then it really deserves. Its a great strong uni, but I really dont like the 2.0 Maxxis Beaver. Though I doubt I can fit the 3.0 on that frame, so I’ll probably end up with a Maxxis 2.5. I like how you experimented, very brave of you, looks awesome! I would take that to the trails anyday! I’m also surprised you havent gotten a 36er (?) Mine’s coming next week. Iam sure when you do you 'll fatten up that one too:D:D

So where is this “proper Oregon ride” taking place?

Photo op from yesterday’s ride.

This catwalk extends over the river a bit. I surmise that it was originally part of a bridge or gantry or something, but it is now a park fixture.

And here is a bonus video of unicycling between the fountains at Bicentennial Park.

Riding high.

The low railing had me a bit spooked, so I walked the bridge. It’s a long way down.

Enjoying what I fear are some of the few dry afternoons around here.

Love that pic JayNo!

Welcome to the forum :slight_smile:

Yes, that’s me, all right! Thanks for posting! (This is apparently the only photo of me at the event – the “official” event photographers ignored me.)
Cheers!

Ashland, Oregon! We went down Caterpillar and Alice in Wonderland. It was really fun! Next time I’ll bring the 26" with longer cranks, though. :slight_smile: I struggled a bit more than I was expecting, and it is mentally freaky being up so high on the 29+ wheel with 135mm cranks! :slight_smile:

If you ever head down this way, PM me! We can do a big group ride!

Here’s a pic from today with Geoff (naturequack), who is an awesome rider and great tour guide!

20141020_152701_opt.jpg

DUDE! This saddle is almost to my arm pit…either I am short, or this thing is huge.
Its Both, my poor short legs and this thing is huge!
5’ 6" But I am not going to let that stop me!

20141020_154303_opt.jpg

Nimbus Nightrider pro. Wooohoo! Got it rolling after 3 attempted fremounts. Not difficult actually. I guess its because I had gotten used to the 29er. I prefer the hop mounts. The falling off is almost the same as the 29er except a little higher, and I am still able to catch the saddle. I dont feel it dangerous at all. Loving it!! Manuevers a lot like the 29er actually, very much in control. Went through soft wood chip mulch like a charm. Very nice feeling especially with the 165 mm. I really like 165s. I can throw my hip easily.
Rolls over dips and bumps easily…I think I’m in love again!!!

For those with a short 28.5 inseam like mine…dont worry, just cut off approx 1inch off frame seat post and youre good. And, as far as being so high up…youll get used to it… just whatever you do, practice a lot of jumping off on your current uni and yourll be fine. (UniBri, you really need to get a 36er :roll_eyes: :slight_smile: its a blast!!

Cant wait to take this beast to the trails and go flyin !! Love it!!