Pictures of your latest ride

Unfortunately I did not pass him as far as I remember. This was almost the top of the hill, so he got freewheel speed boost.

Now it is 908 :stuck_out_tongue:

You’re welcome. I will be there if it does not coincide with Unicon.

I got new sneakers. I call them my Little Red Corvettes. Here they are on their maiden ride. In case anyone gives a hoot.

On the A5 between Betws y Coed and Llangollen, North Wales. Gusting side winds, as indicated by the bending trees, made it a risky business on the long straight road as I swayed about with traffic overtaking me :astonished:

damn riding on an A road still scares the hell out of me without the crosswind… too many people that see the speed limit as a guide rather than a maximum.

Bogo!

Cliff Trail, UT

I thought Cliff Trail would be a good idea, and it was, but only for hikers and really skilled muni riders due to that the trail was all covered with loose sand. Honestly, I did more falling than riding, but the scenery was breathtaking. Did not regret a second!

I remember my first big unicycling accident. It involved rain, a pair of those shoes, and this style of pedals (they are horrible for unicycling BTW):

Foot slipped right off the pedal, I came crumpling down to the pavement. Now my pedals have pins but I’ll still never use those shoes for riding, regardless of pedal type I don’t feel like that shoe has the kind of grip I like. Be wary when the soles of those shoes get wet.

You may have jinxed me ( :wink: ), but I haven’t had any problems. The ones I just replaced were worn and prone to slipping, but everything is tight now.

2 months ago I couldn’t go more than 10 ft down this trail. Yesterday I got all the way down (with one UPD).

From the top

From the bottom

I used to slip off the pedals while wearing Airwalk Skate shoes… Now I Uni in my big rubber-soled steel toecap boots, and I NEVER slip, no matter what the pedal, and I have the added comfort of knowing my toes will survive any fall :stuck_out_tongue:

Communi - that’s a nice trail!

My dad came long with me on a ride on my new 29er, and took this awesome photo from the side of the track!

537181_370900533036880_1792266115_n.jpg

A view with a volcano, well it is extinct. 25k ride in light rain

Good job! It’s always cool to progress.

From Simi Valley, 8.10.13.

And the video.

Good pics and nice vid:)

I’d like to see more trialsy stuff like in your out-take, or around those boulders u rode by at 0:23. But of course the only one u have to please is yourself :o

Managed 2km today which is pretty embarrassing given some of the distances you guys are doing but I’m building up to it…slowly :roll_eyes:

In the background is one of the old nuclear missile bunkers at Greenham Common.

Good grief Terry, how long does it take you to set up those shots by yourself??

Nice stuff, way to go big!!

They look like stills from video to me so I’d assume it doesn’t take as long as it looks.

I sustained and inverted ankle sprain early on, and still nursing a fractured finger, so I was taking it a bit easy. My trials skills are not the greatest anyway. :o

Thanks Ben. The setups didn’t really take much time. Basically was just picking stuff at random to shoot as I went along. Would set the tripod up, frame the shot, then do the line, then look for the next shot. I should have gotten some closeups of the wheel riding over the terrain so I could have cut it in with the regular footage. Battery went dead sooner than expected or I would have shot a few more scenes. :slight_smile:

Btw, The UPD at the end of the video happened early on, causing a minor but still painful ankle sprain. That slowed me down a bit and forced me to ride more cautiously. My technical riding was definitely “rusty” having not ridden that kind of terrain in a while.

Fun Muni ride on my nimbus oracle:)