Pictures of your latest ride

That´s so beautiful. Thanks Tveit. I´m going to visit you :slight_smile: I have already visited Norway but at that time I didn´t know anything about unicycling. I was a fool.

Wow, thanks for putting these up. They are wonderful.

What was behind the idea of obliterating such a beautiful waterfall? Hydro plant? Pity…

-Could be because of man, or just too far past the rainy season.

Angel in Venezuela is the world’s tallest waterfall dropping 979 meters.
http://www.infoplease.com/ipa/A0001781.html

Yes but pics 1 & 3 look much better zoomed in ~ 50% and the third from a lower angle IMO, but cropping looses the crispness.

I would have liked pic one the best in portat orientation & zoomed in 25-50%, showing as much vertical of the cliff as possible.

I was just checking those waterfalls too.
The claim of “Tyssestrengene” being the highest free waterfall in Norway, I guess, is because of the true 90 degree (to the horizontal line) fall, not allowing down to 85, as most of the common waterfall lists do… One of the differences should be the sound. A true 90 degree waterfall, especially when hitting a pound, make a characteristic “deeper” sound… But it was difficult to find a list over waterfalls based on true 90 degree…

It looks like the water magazine have been overfilled at some point, more or less recently…

Did about 9-10 miles today (On a 24", im dead!) Of relatively rough terrain, was great fun, and I visited a bridge that’s made out of a slightly… Unorthodox material!

Cool, They look like a jumbo size erector set from when I was a kid.

The erector set is actual size. So, 9-10 miles on a 24" is incredibly impressive when you’re only 6" tall! Actually, I think 9 miles on a 24" is impressive whatever. Well done!

Jerry

:D:D:D

I’m thinking of upgrading to a 29" soon… I don’t think my dad appreciates having to ride his 2-wheeled cycle at super-slow speeds… It’s always sad to finally hang up your first Uni :frowning:

Tour de Pologne, amatour stage again.
After failed attempt last year (I got taken into the latecomers bus at half of 56km distance) I was quite motivated and I had some odds in favour of my attempt. This year I had 26er Guni instead of my old fixed 29er and due to some roadworks the route was shortened to 38,4km.
I got into starting sector closer than last year and I still got hope to get to the starting point in time. First 7km descent is neutral start and then real start follows from the valley down there. Last year I got there when the starting point was already disassembled, but this year I was having some more sectors behind me and my Schlumpf allowed comfortable cruising at 24km/h so I was down at the start line even before the last group. Having first part of my plan accomplished, I started the first of two heavy climbs on the way passing slower bikers and getting passed by the faster ones from the later groups. It was really motivating to hear all the support from people waiting around the road first for amatours and later that day for Pro Tour riders. After the first climb, nice descent followed ended with short segment that seemed almost vertical from the top, I was happy we are not climbing that. Of course on the descend quite many bikers overtook me, but we met quite soon as just after crossing the valley again we got into the biggest climb that day. Better bikers were already somewhere in front (probably finished as the best time was under 1h) and I saw everybody around me getting off the bikes and pushing them up. “No” I said to myself “I will not dismount until I fall down!” and I pushed the uni up slowly. Step after step in the steepest part, squeezing all force I had left into this hill, but still I managed to push it straight to the top leaving many astonished bikers behind.
At the top a nice suprise was waiting as we got some water and power bars at the buffet that was there, not as it was planned before the climb. It was great to drink bit more without thinking how much is left in my water blade and to splash the rest on me after climbing that much in more than 30C and full sun. Then some up and down started and when we got back to starting village our last climb remained. As on first climb people I was passing were riding slowly, on the second one they were walking up, but now some were even struggling to walk, or at least they looked so. It wasn’t that hard really, but after two previous and all kilometers in my legs I also felt that this is not time for showing off, just keep going and reach the finish. Of course it’s hard to keep such promises to you and just as I saw the 200m to finish sign I switch into high gear even if it was bit uphill and pushed it as quickly as I could to the line.
I made it, missing the recommended time (officially the cut-off but some people finished almost an hour later and they were classified) just by 4 minutes and I would be in time, if I was just one sector forward. Anyway I was classified as 1108 out of 1175 who finished with 2:04 time on the measured part of 30.7km. All my ride you can see on Strava http://app.strava.com/activities/71654283. And pros had 5 rounds like this that day.
I’m very happy first, to get to start in time, then second, to finish the race, third, to climb the biggest climb, and last but not least, not to dismount for all measured part.

Photo: Piotr Kurek (www.kurek-rowery.pl)

1_pod_gliczarow.jpg

I detoured off of the Henry Hudson Trail in Keyport, NJ and wound up at the end of a dock looking out on Keyport Bay. Quite pretty.

Way to go, Vookash!

I did a 40 mile test ride today lugging a tent and a backpack. I’m planning a week-long uni trip soon and this was to make sure I can do the miles while carrying gear. This was my first ride with the luggage rack behind the seat. I only partially filled the backpack, but the ride still kicked me arse.

I did get to go by the campsite I’ll be in the first night, so I reserved the best spot. Which is coo…

Lloyd, uni touring is the way to go! Good luck and take comfortable backpack.

Nice pics …

Slowly getting easier but still doing lots of wild arm flailing as I pedal over the pretty innocuous trails of Greenham Common :o

UL

Tveit, you’re good at advertising Norway. I have to plan a trip with my uni one day.

And I got some more photos from Tour de Pologne :slight_smile:

Excellent work, vookash! I love seeing the crowd of bikers behind you!

(Also love that you’re smiling… is it because you know you’re about to pass number 908?)

I read this and looked back at the picture. Not only does the bike ahead of him have the number 908, but as of right now, vookash’s post count was 907. Coincidence, I know, but now the Twilight Zone theme is playing in my head.

You dont say… And maybe some of us will join “Tour de Pologne” next year :wink: