Pictures of your latest ride

Since you live in London Ontario, I guess your snow must look pretty similar to mine. For snow riding, I’d say 112mm is too short whatever size of wheel you have, unless the snow is rock hard, I dont think you will be able to get very far before giving up on 112mm. I ride 137mm all the time on a 24x3" for winter and the rest of the season. In the winter I ride almost as much as I do in the summer. I ride snowshoeing trails and sometimes (rarely) on the ski paths. I wouldn’t go much shorter, 137mm is a good size for speed and control IMO.

+1 – just use the same as you do for muni.

Depends on your wheel size. I’m using them on a 29er, and would not go shorter. 112’s on my 29 would be too short IMO, but maybe not on a 24 or 26. Other’s who’ve tried will be able to tell you, or you could just go find out for yourself and hit the trails! :smiley:

Agreed. I’ve also found (like was mentioned in a thread a while back) that my shorter holes help immensly with climbing.

Just overthink the snow… go out and try it!
What is fun with snow is that you could have a packed part, then some powder and then some uneven ice on quite short distance, but apart from that and being white and wet is like just any other ride.

We don’t get much snow around here, certainly not as much as you other guys get. Today we got a trace, these are my first tracks through the snow ever.

uni.jpg

Unicycling in Moscow park Sokolniki. Russian dolls look rather sullen. I hope my friend’s smile changes the mood :).

I have to take my uni with me next time I’ll go to Moscow :roll_eyes:

Встретиться, познакомиться, покататься, так сказать :smiley:

Another weekend another filthy band of weather, rain upon rain, the saturated ground can’t deal with it anymore as it has nowhere to go some trials are streams in some places!

My new 36er is awesome and gliding through the mud as the big wheel is very stable and “The Todd” offroad tyre continues to impress. The mud was very slippy in place and on a down hill section it was ridiculously fun crashing to the ground at on point I was motoring to cut through some deep mud and my wheel slipped out I stepped off but my foot slipped in the same mud and I did a superman dive into the filth and slid along the ground for a good few meters literally eating dirt :stuck_out_tongue:

I only notices when i got home my knee was cut up and a few hours later they are aslo a bit bruised up, after a year of riding I only stopped wearing leg armour on normal rides 2 rides ago :stuck_out_tongue:

ride_20130112_1_small.JPG

ride_20130112_2_small.JPG

I warmly welcome your decision. By the way, you can join us virtually on http://www.unicycles.ru

Будем рады, Hudson, “свистни” если будет нужна какая-то помощь в Москве.

@feisty nice mud :wink:

Not my latest ride, these pics are from Oct, still a bit of green on the trees, a nice day for a ride with Mrs Nurse Ben :slight_smile:

I ride 165’s now, but I’m going to drop down to 150’s, mostly because I’m finding that too much crank will over torque the tire and spin.

I think 150’s are a good compromise if you’re riding a mix of dirt and snow with some climbing and descending.

If you’re riding mostly flat or rolling, dirt or snow, 137’s are probably fine.

Winter in Italy :sunglasses:

WP_000165 (800x600).jpg

WP_000136 (800x600).jpg

Isn’t that always when the universe decides it’s time for another fall/pedal bite?

Looks like a very cold and dark place:D

No, no, no. It’s simply that rocks & pedal bites don’t hurt when you’re wearing pads so you only assume they’re not happenning anymore!

That’s my theory & I’m sticking to it - it keeps my shins silky smooth and free of bruises & scabs.

Yes. My conclusion is the same. Wearing pads you not paying attention on that gentle touches, but without - ouch!

Here is difference (again):

I think you got a a pedal bite :stuck_out_tongue:

Ouch & yuck.