Pictures of your latest ride

Catskill Scenic Trail

14 mile casual ride on the Catskill Scenic Trail. Some pretty nice views of hills and farmland. Enjoyable trail almost entirely ash and gravel. We found a nice section of the old railroad bridge to climb onto for lunch at the Grand Gorge end (me at what I do best).

Catskill Scenic Trail 05312012.jpg

Hey TragicWarrior, I see you and your Mrs. are wearing Tour de Cure jerseys; RIGHT ON!! Has your ride taken place yet this year? I would assume so, but I am just curious. Are either one of you two a Red Rider? I am! Did you (or will you) do your ride on a b*ke or a unicycle? As someone with diabetes, I would like to say thanks for supporting the ADA!!

MJS, our ride is this Sunday June 03. Neither of us are Red Riders, but we’re unicycling to support our numerous friends and family members that do have diabetes. In fact, there are at least four unicyclists (Capital District Unicycle Club) participating in the Saratoga Springs, NY Tour this year. We’re riding 10 miles (as they talked me out of the 25 this year) on a range from a 24"er to a 29"er. I see your ride is July 28? Great job so far!

Right on!! Have fun on your ride this weekend, I will be sending positive thoughts your way! That is awesome that you have multiple unis riding, I am all by myself over here:o. And yep, my ride is July 28; it is going to be an awesome event, I am helping plan and organize, so I know what is gonna be there… Cool stuff;). I am riding my 36" and doing 65 miles! Have fun and be safe!

today i did two rides: first one all the uphill by manpower! second one with my friend andy (3rd pic), it was his first ride after the big accident in september '11:
(second pic is for marc who uses to ride with me, but he’s now in the states and sen me pics of him riding in moab… :angry: )

IMG_3111.jpg

IMG_3114.jpg

IMG_3119.jpg

This is the Rudy Mine Trail at Ben Hawes State Park in Owensboro Kentucky. The city spent $25,000 having Spectrum Trail Design revitalize (after 2009 ice storm) this beautiful single-track. It has a really good flow on a bicycle (barely need to pedal) and they are awesome for MUni!

Here is a picture of my 26" Nimbus (disc brake) Oracle at the TrailHead.

This is what I like to call “Spaghetti Junction” where the green, yellow, and blue trails intersect.

Finally, here is one of the many rock gardens that (as you all know) look smooth in the picture but are far from smooth in real life. There is a reason that I stopped here and, I assure you it was not (i.e. UPD) out of choice.

Lovely ride with my dog Zappa today (thats her head in the ivy).

IMAG0073.jpg

Tour de Cure Saratoga Springs, NY 2012

Tom, Rob, Liz, & Jeff riding 10 miles for the Tour de Cure. Saratoga Springs State Park. Beautiful day! Lots of uni-love from the other riders and spectators. And yes we were passed by a penny farthing… someone had to make him feel good.

Team CAPUNIMontage copy.jpg

Great name for the dog, and very lovely trail.

Nice!

I got up at 5:30 am today to go out for a ride. After riding around the sea front for half an hour, I ended up at the local skate park, and it was the quietest I’ve ever seen it. Taking the opportunity, I did some riding :slight_smile:

SAM_1307.JPG

SAM_1297.JPG

538186_303357946425007_1764939007_n.jpg

Nice pics there, thanks for sharing.

Greetings

Byc

Terry’s Tuesday Trail Trifecta…

“Gearing up” for some Schlumpf Rock trials…

Hike-a-Guni…

Make like a Schlumpf and Split!

Fat Tire Revolution Series Bavarian Bike and Brew

Joe Myers (bungeejoe) at the Cat #3 start of the Fat Tire Revolution Series Bavarian Bike and Brew June 2, 2012 near Leavenworth, WA USA. He finished 13th out of 17 finishers in the 45+ category. Oddly enough after the first three races of the series riding a unicycle he leads the Cat #3 45+ for the 2012 FTR Series Points. 37 riders on two wheels finished after Joe.

http://app.strava.com/rides/9933005

IMG_4470_2.jpg

2 Likes

Wow, nice work! The elevation profile looks like it could be from a hill climb event.

Are those clipless pedals?

yes. shimano…

This is part of the trail I normally ride 2-3 days per week. Here is one of a couple small bridges that lead to a switchback climbing section… This bridge is close to the half-way point of a 3 mile loop. It takes me close to an hour and provides quite a workout.

muni-ride.jpg

Now that’s a 36er trail! :slight_smile:

I half expected a smart a$$ comment from you… :smiley: