Pictures of your latest ride

Here’s a pic from my ride late today, in the Wombat State Forest (Victoria, Australia). Our house is just on one edge of the forest which works out great for regular muni/cross country adventures. The forest is pretty big all up, about 70 000ha I think, and contains lots of dirt tracks of all shapes and sizes, lots of hills too.

My favorite uni atm for forest rides is the 29" with 150mm cranks, not fast on flats but awesome in the hills. I don’t especially like the Klaw tire in the wetter winter conditions in the forest atm, though I can only compare it to the feel of 3.0 tire on my 24" which I love to bits so have ordered a Rampage 2.35 and Mountain King 2.4 for the 29.

I don’t know where the track in the pic ends up yet, it begins about an hour or so from home and I’ve only ridden a few km’s down it, but I’m hoping it will end up part of a nice long forest loop. I met some (moto) trail bike riders on this stretch of track over the weekend - it was hard to tell if the look on their faces was amazement, pity or just ‘man you are NUTS’ :slight_smile:

By the way, you can do the same thing on here as GK described on the other forum, so that the pictures appear in the post :wink: .

this is from my ride on saturday the 21st at the snowy mountains in NSW, Austraila.

Wow, that’s beautiful.

I don’t have any pics, but this was my last ride in March:

1 Like

Beautiful winter afternoon in this part of the world so I headed back into the forest on the 29 to check out a few more of the old fire trails:

Interesting trials ride. Traveled off-course a bit.

sphinkzuni2.gif

That’s bad.

On second thoughts, would you actually be allowed to do that?!

I doubt it.

When I was around 14, I was in Egypt and went to see the pyramids. I made a run for the top of Tutankhamun’s pyramid, but was stopped about quarter way by angry arabs on camelbacks shouting abuse at me.

Besides, that sphynx is quite large, and I’m not too sure how accessible it is. I’ve seen it from about fifty metres away, but that was a looong time ago. I wasn’t really looking for trials lines back then.

Edit: sorry, not very factual. It more likely was the Great Pyramid of Giza. Tutankhamun didn’t have a pyramid, apparently.

here’s a funny one

1 Like

I cokered up the road to Mount Evans early this morning. Highest paved road in North America getting up to 14,200 feet. My ride today, 15 miles up and 3500 feet in elevation gain. It was a beautiful morning. Check out the Bighorn Sheep in the distance.
Close up of the BH Sheep

This Mountain Goat family was on the summit. Very cute kids.

Great ride! Only saw two cars all the way up. One was the ranger and the other one took my pic! That long, steep 15 mile descent was wanting a Schumpf hub!

1 Like

Awesome ride Osmundo!

I was up there the day the road opened for the season.
Do they charge unicyclists the $10??
Heck of an ascent…wow.
Run over any marmots??

I started the descent at 6:30 before the window was open and forgot :roll_eyes: to stop at the self-pay station. I think I was supposed to pay $3. I’m going to do the bike race in from Idaho Springs to the top in a couple of weeks. It’s a very fun race and the constant ascent keeps me in the game with all the bikes.

Os, check your spokes.

That spoke is pretty bent.

Nice view though:)

Good eye Jerrick…very impressed!! Yea…I’ve been meaning to get to that. It is number 1,273 on my list of things to do. I bent it cramming my coker in the back of the suburu with my son’s bike. I’ve finally got my new schlumpf hub wheel build/Triton frame rolling so I think it will now take an even lower priority. Again. nice eye for detail…you should be an editor or something.

Would really love pics and a review of your new machine, Os.

Levi

It took me literally half an hour to see that bent spoke.

I’m rubbish at those 3D images where you have to squint too.

here’s my pic.
today weatherforecast announced showers but we only found fog.
left bellavista on mte generoso at 10.00 got in mendrisio at 12.00.

From today.
My backyard.

You can see my house from here!

1 Like