Pictures of your latest ride

Yeah, what Rolandisimo said - join me for the Blackfly Challenge, and the bonus is we won’t have to compete with Roland!

Hard to tell steepness, but the angle you’re riding speaks volumes.

Thank you.:slight_smile:

I know, it’s always hard to capture just how steep a hill is in a photo.

this is great, im just about to shoot a commercial with this exact idea for an energy drink company

Found Mr alligator Lizard during MUni earlier this afternoon:

After MUni beach ride (Notice the tiny helicopter about to hit the rail post!) :slight_smile:

Last Weekend

I rode my uni and the dog runs along side me. She started barking and running in circles around me, and then in front of me blocking me from going forward. I keep going anyway not really sure what her problem is. I round this turn and there is a fawn laying there, no rigor mortis yet when I push it with my foot. I take a picture to ask some young dirtbikers and buddies if they ran over a fawn and when they say: "What fawn? I have a picture and say: This one?

Take the picture, look down to put the camera in my pack and there is a deep rumble, so I step off the trail expecting a quad or dirtbike any second because it sounded close. I look down the trail and it happens again a little louder, but it is a growl coming from the woodline, The dog is braced with her hackles up like a small white wolf between me and the woods next to the trail. I pick up my uni and something growls again a little louder, so I back down the trail and keep facing the direction of the sound and call the dog and she comes and stays between me and whatever made the growls. I keep riding for a couple hours and nothing else happens. On the way back the fawn is gone.

Not much of a story really, but a good dog.

creepy

Good dog. Weird picture. I bet next time the dog acts strange you pay it some more attention.

My shadow…

save67.avi_000041633.jpg

A quick ‘commute to home’ today, cos I’m working from home. 7 miles or so in total. Managed to ride up Jackson’s Lane, which is 20-25% grade at the steep bits, covered in rocks and roots, with a mere 15 dismounts. Then along the Chevin in one go, and back all the way down and to the river in another. Phew.

Pictures show the top of the Chevin, and the river at the bottom. Sorry about the mobile phone pic quality.

Joe

IMAG0002.jpg

Nice! :smiley:

Yesterday’s Muni Ride above the U. of U.

Nice Spring day in Utah yesterday. Here’s me and here’s my bud, DDF.

Any other Salt Lakers who want to join in the fun, please PM me.

-UPD in Utah

That is a pretty trail. Where is it in Salt Lake City?

Scott

Those are the trails above U of U. (I used to live out there.)

Looks like a bad UPD that fawn had… :stuck_out_tongue:

Just got back from a ride at Springton Manner Park in Chester County PA.

Yep…

Hey Scott;

Like Steveyo said, that trail is above the University of Utah (you can see one of the two Medical Student Towers in one photo). It’s part of the Bonneville Shoreline Trail, which runs approximately along the high waterline of the ancient Lake Bonneville, and stretches (in fits & starts) from Ogden to Provo.

It’s a great early-season trail because it dries out before any of the trails higher up in the Wasatch Mtns., and because it’s so close to town. One slight problem though, it’s rather hilly and sees a ton of Mountain Bike traffic. Still it’s a nice mix of XC, semi-tech & tech.

Come ride it some time!

Cheers,

UPD in Utah
(a.k.a. Bert)

No pictures but beeull and I enjoyed an EPIC waterfront uni cruise through Titusville, Florida to watch the final flight of Atlantis.

Ride log: http://www.everytrail.com/view_trip.php?trip_id=617663

Riding around whitley bay and newcastle train station today, even caught a sun tan :smiley:

27979_1460216952263_1438590242_1228641_3917332_n.jpg

27979_1460216112242_1438590242_1228634_6092754_n.jpg

27979_1460216312247_1438590242_1228636_3173378_n.jpg

I love that first picture thestig!! The others are good too. Looks like fun:)

From this morning, trying a few drops on my new kh 29er. How did it hold up after landing? Video coming soon! :smiley: