Pictures of your latest ride

Well in my experience as a young boy in Morocco and Tunisia I must have met different sort of camels.
Camels can be angry after someone and pretty dangerous (I remember a guy getting an awful camel bite: since camels chew horizontaly the result was pretty terrible) -riding a Camel is a really bumpy ride: very uncomfortable-
The only good camel is the one in your stew :stuck_out_tongue:

My new KH 36 in triplicate.

White Rock Lake, Dallas

What size of wheel and model of surly tire is this??? Thanks!!

Great Photo. Nice KH36. Looks like you will be having some fun.

26, 29, 36er
Cool, if i had 3 simultaneous asses to go around, you would know which 3 i’d been in!:smiley:

You can have a look at my detailed build in the Monster Uni thread (along with other fat unis pics :wink: ).

It is a Surly Lou tire (26x4.8)… :stuck_out_tongue:

One more muti image of the new KH 36.

As we say in Texas, yee haw! :wink:

So Legdog is this done on the new GoPro 4 silver? Love the image.

Nikon D750 and photoshop.

Thanks, glad you like it.

multi image?
or is there a failure in the matrix mr. Smith? :astonished:

Pretty cool photo. And it’s interesting to see how your right shoulder wants to lead the way.
Mine does it too, can be annoying in straight line.

No biggie to correct.
What is needed to practice how to turn is by lower half of the body, by the torso, hip and below.
Practice with hands clasp together, or both hands on saddle nose, hands behind back in order to practice keeping shoulder square. Ride for several miles at at time. Focus on turning with your leg and hip only, even if you have to lower the seat a little.
Yes, as i believe the same is true to trail riding, you can manipulate turns much better with a lower seat. When you get much better you can then raise back up seat.
It works for me anyway :roll_eyes: :wink:

Went looking for some steeper descents today on the 36er and had a great time. I must have been pulling hard on the handle because my pivot post loosened up. Killians He-Man bolt torquing finally gave way. :smiley:

From my 36er Century ride, 12/4/14. Video documentary coming soon!
(Although it kinda looks like it, the guy in the background is on a bike, bit a uni.)

I know… ,Right?,
Im seeing unis all over the place. Just the other i saw a uni sticking out from a camper shell truck as i was beginning to ride the trail.
whoah, cool!..could it be, another uni rider? As i was about to look for rider to talk to…
I came up to a closer examination, felt a little deflated to see the second wheel. How my eyes play tricks on me, My sixth false uni sighting, oh well. .

Suncheon BongHwaSan

Hi
Rode around the BongHwaSan walking track this morning with JongSeul. I doubt it’s very muni compared to some but it was hard enough for me. I don’t go up very well and I don’t like steep (relative) down at all… :roll_eyes: But I did get plenty of brake practice, something I don’t do much of.
The track is about 20km around, lots of ups and downs, took us about 3 hours with a fair bit of muni walking…
A few pictures of JongSeul doing things much better :slight_smile:

We came away with the conclusion that we need to practice hopping, all the drainage channels across the track dumped me every time. :angry:

A good day.

Screen shot from my TV interview with ABC 7 Eyewitness news, at mile 65 of my Century ride on 12.4.14. Video here.

The world’s largest indoor mountain bike trail system

I rode my KH29 MUni in the “Lights Under Louisville” event at the Mega Caverns. The Louisville Bike Club had 250+ bikes in attendance. They let us go before they opened it up to cars (the exhaust fumes get worse as the night goes on) which were lined up for miles to pay $25 each to snake thru over 2 million points of light. It is quite the Christmas spectacle. Think Disney’s “It’s a Small World” ride with different themed sections. My daughter’s favorite was the “Frozen” section. Glad I had the kids ride bicycles instead of unicycles because it’s purposely dark in there :astonished: so even with decent headlights on board, I found riding the hard packed (bumpy) dirt road a real challenge.:o

After the light show we got a sneak peek at the Mega Cavern’s new Mountain Bike Park (opening January 2015). They didn’t want us on the actual trail yet (though they quickly learned the temptation of flowy berms was too much for some Mountain Bikers to resist) but we did get to ride the cross country trail thru 2 or 3 of the “rooms”. Here is a picture of me taking a breather next to a John Deer Gator. The shipping container you see is one of the many features that make the “jump room” so exciting. Not so much for this unicyclist. I’m biding my time for the XC tour.

Here is my 29er at rest near the jump room exit.

Exit the jump room and enter a trail system of 40 different trails with the flow-seeking-cross-country-cyclist in mind. They’ve flagged (like a snow ski resort) the XC trails by difficulty level. Green is for beginners (Coker MUni anyone?), Blue is for intermediate (KH blue matches my KH29 and that is what I will ride there), and black diamond (I’ll give these a try on my 26" Oracle) for expert. This place is going to be great during the winter when the local trails are too wet to ride (responsibly) as well as those sweltering summer heat waves because it’s always 65 degrees in the Cavern.:smiley:

Are unicyclists welcome you ask? Yes (as long as you’ve got a brake installed). I’ve done my share of work on our local (outdoor) trails where I’ve met several member’s of the Mega Cavern staff. They’ve seen me ride MUni in our local points-series-races so they understand I’m not going to pose any unnecessary danger to myself or others. Bottom line, they are cool with it. Just please be on your best behavior as not to ruin it for the 3 unicyclists that actually live here.

I’m planning on organizing a unicycling event in Louisville. The tentative date is spring of 2016. That will give The Parklands of Floyd’s Fork plenty of time to finish their section of The Louisville Loop (100 mile asphalt path perfect for Geared Cokering) completed. The Parklands is also working on a (outdoor) Mountain Bike Park of their own which will supplement the already brilliant Waverly and Cherokee (Fredrick Olmstead) park Mountain Bike Trail systems. I still need to source a gymnasium for you trials and street riders. By then we should have something for everyone. Until then, if you are in town, I’ve got an extra 36er (my kid’s Nightfox) and a spare MUni you can ride. Shoot me a PM. Do it on Derby week and you will really get a taste for all this little Kentucky city has to offer.

Nutcracker Ballet on Unicycles

Today my son and I participated in the Christmas parade in Bel Air, Maryland. Our group performed the Nutcracker ballet on unicycles (sort of). My concerns were that Mathias, the boy with the mouse head costume, would not be able to see and would crash injuring himself and possibly the woman on stilts. That didn’t happen, so I’m calling it a success.

My son wasn’t sure about having to wear a tutu. When we arrived in Bel Air after a long drive, he said he was glad it was far from home so that none of his friends would see him. However at the end of the parade he asked me to take a photo of him so that he could Instagram it to his friends. You can’t get a better word of approval from an eighth grader.

2014 12 07 Nutcracker parade 5.jpg

unifishin’ II

One wheel, one twin fork rod holder, one broken rod, 1(1st) lucky newbie sturgeon…what a blast!:smiley:

20141209_102746_opt.jpg
20141209_102647_opt.jpg