Pictures of your latest ride

Pimp my ride

my daughter surprised me for fathers day

Congratulations on your metric century! Part of your problem may have been from not stopping enough earlier. I completed an old-school century in June, and probably stopped at least once every 10 miles. Let the circulation go and I think it helps you last longer.

With saddles, I think the only way to know what works for you is to try it. It’s a very personal thing. I used the Freeride with the channel down the center, and it works very well for me.

I used to experience that when I was training for Ride The Lobster. Lots of miles, at high speed, and working on speed instead of distance may have been a factor. I had to loosen the laces in my 5-10s so they didn’t squeeze my feet quite so much. My century ride was done at a more comfortable pace, and my feet never bothered me.

I did learn a technique to keep the circulation flowing without stopping. If you curl and uncurl your toes for at least 30 seconds in a row, it seems to last a while after that. Or try making your shoe laces looser.

Fantastic adventure!

practiced some flat today. was working on rolling wraps. ended up doing a foot grab my accident and landing it :o

Edd posted up a pic, but here’s a couple more from Morzine with Steve, Roger and Edd:

http://www.dermandar.com/p/dhibiq/les-crosets

Joe,

We do this ride every Memorial and Labor day. I have already done a small write-up in this thread. The 15 mile route changed this time. Instead of going from Slugger Field to Iroquois Park and back we went from Slugger Field to Shawnee Park and back traveling the “Police-Blocked-Off-Roads” parallel with one of the nicer existing portions of the Louisville Loop. The good news is I learned the road shortcut that replaces parts closed for erosion. All in all, another great day with 5,000 of our two wheeled brethren.

Those who know me well might ask “Did you ride your new 36” GUni?" to which I would sadly (not that my back-up ride is so bad) have to reply…No! I opted (so nice to finally have a stable) for the shorter cranks of my un-geared Impulse. The reasons being, still waiting on a brake (not that I would have needed it on the flats of downtown) and (the real truth of the matter) I can’t yet (Rome was not built in a day) ride in high gear well enough to use it in big events. My Schlumpf is still confined to the neighborhood and my local park.

I found a great Trialsplayground at the coast of Monery Bay in Pazific Grove last Saturday.
Here are some pictures of my favourite line. Don’t know why I didn’t take a picture of the end.

01.jpg

02.jpg

03.jpg

monday holiday

p_00047.jpg

Thanks John for these precious advices!

I will definitely remember these ones when I will do my next metric centric ride… especially that I should stop early to not feel too much pain later on, and that I should try lacing in a more loosely way my shoes.

Actually, after years of solo or duo rides down here in Grenoble/France, 6 riders are going to meet for the first time on Saturday and hopefully one or two will be ready to join me for a century ride some time during Fall!

Cheers, MadC.

round.jpg

Just shot these on this evening’s ride, as it was getting dark. These pics are as is, no effects added. Sometimes the pic itself is all the effects it needs!

Btw, these were taken at 12 megapixels, so the originals are big enough for poster size! I’m using the second one for my desktop wallpaper. :smiley:

pvg3sm.jpg

pvgsm.jpg

suprise disc in the mail today- this from rmnp at about 12,100’

photo by other drive rock cut.jpg

Great pictures everybody keep em coming! :slight_smile:

My awesome KH26

Me conquering a steepppppp downramp I have wanted to do for a long time :smiley:

Innsbuck :slight_smile:

297622_249054658460129_100000667898494_904248_6750496_n.jpg

Oslo, Norway

03082011670.jpg

Today I went for a 16km ride with my 20" Trial (140 cranks and low saddle). About half way during a little break at the Bay suddenly a little yellow plastic duck swam by. It looked so cute that I waited until it got close enough to the coast so I could get it. :sunglasses:

Pictures :slight_smile:

Would love to see some of the GoPro footage you seem to be taking with that helmet-cam.

In the meantime here’s some images of a beach cruise…
Pic1 - That’s a lot of rain behind me :astonished:
Pic2 - Two big wheels
Pic3 - Southport beach, North West England
Pic4 - Passing a concrete landmark

ride4.jpg

Race in Krakow two weeks ago was supposed to be the last one this year for me. But our mountain hiking trip didn’t work out, so I decided to use a suddenly free weekend for another MTB race. This time it was near Klodzko, in the south-west part of Poland, near the Czech border. That meant quite a lot of driving for me, so I’ve spent Friday evening at my friends on the way to make Saturday morning drive much shorter.
Anyway Saturday started somewhere past 6 AM, after small party and just 4 hours of sleep, but the lovely day gave me some more energy. It was supposed to be a sunny day, so I was really suprised when I entered the mountain area - the sky was cloudy and it was quite chilly. Then the really steep streets in the town center made me believe that the trials out there in the mountains will be even worse. And they were. But a moment before I got asked by the organizer to start from almost the first line of the Mini distance so I could get a bit more exposure. If I really needed any. After the previous 3 races this year many people recognize me (or rather my uni) and even I start to recognize some of them.
Then the climb started and it was going and going. Then some descend and climb again. This time it was not very technical, nor very steep in most parts, but it was incredibly long. I was riding hard and overtaking the slower bikers, but at each of the long climbs I got into the point that I hit some rock or something else got me out of balance. And in many places it was too steep to mount after UPD at least without enormous effort of your muscles, so I had a nice hiking trip (almost like in original plan) with my uni. I walked more than I expected, but anyway I was riding enough to get the pleasure. Especially when I got into some part going across the mountain and I was riding for some twenty minutes without meeting anybody else. Then, quite close to the finish, my wheel slipped on a root and I got onto my bum with my leg cramped. That made last part harder, but it was mostly nice descents and I was extremely happy when I’ve got back to paved road just after the sign ‘1km to finish’. What was my (and not only mine) suprise when the route turned back into the woods after just a couple of meters on the road. But it was a last walked climb and great descent on the rocks so it was worth the suprise. On the last rocky turn I decided to take it easy and walk it, but when I’ve seen that it is really the end I remounted and with the cheers of people (some asking ‘Do you plan to ride this rocks?’) I got down to the finish clearly. Wet, dirty, tired and happy.
One more positive suprise waited for me when I got back home. I logged onto facebook and I saw my photo with teens of comments. It turned out that one of the polish bikers communities put my photo on their profile as a comment from the race.

Mierzygorze2011_velonews_8.jpeg

Miedzygorze2011_mrmarino_IMG_7394.JPG

Miedzygorze2011_voo_DSC00744.jpg

Miedzygorze_BartekBednarski_P1010793.jpg

Finishing the Mt. Greylock Hillclimb race. 2800 vertical feet, 8.9 miles.
(Write-up here)

That expression on my face is pain and relief.

photo by Mike McCusker

Greylock20110910.jpg

You carried all that extra weight uphill? Or could you actually go in high gear part of the way?