Pictures of your latest ride

heres my first and latest big muni ride:

btw, does anyone know haw to embed videos from youtube onto these forums?

sorry, i didn’t know that it puts the video on itself :slight_smile:

It’s okay, I’m guessing it was your first time here. Welcome!

I had a good ride tonight at a local pile of rocks. This shot was the only one that turned out, and I was a bit worried about the structural integrity of the log.

thats not a log, thats a twig :smiley:

nice pic though!

Llanberis path looks to have changed a lot since I was last there - it had lots of loose stones and was a lot less tidy, now seems to be almost “cobbled”.

Hi all,

The great thing with the metric system is that it can help you planning a century ride without ending up with a really big challenge, as it is with miles.

I personally completed my first 100-kilometer ride a few weeks ago (July 31), on my ungeared 36" unicycle, with 100mm long cranks.

It was actually harder than I had thought, especially from a (dis)comfort point of view, and I had to stop every 10 kilometers starting from the 60th kilometer (before that, I had stopped once, at kilometer #30).

The discomfort was mainly at saddle level of course, and I wonder if I would have felt less discomfort with the KH Fusion Street (Slim?) saddle, vs the Freeride model I used. Any advice/feedback on that?

More surprisingly, I also felt some discomfort at feet level, as if they were like “dead” (not enough irrigated with blood) - if you see what I mean. This resulted in less control, because of the reduced feeling on the pedals, and proved to be really disturbing and another reason to stop some times.

All in all though, it was a great experience, and I would be happy now to try a “real century ride” i.e. 100 miles. However, I doubt I will try to do that until a have a geared 36" unicycle (which is not in my short term plans ).

Here are a few pics of the ride:

Yes… I had to motivate myself at around kilometer #70! :smiley:

I met a good friend of mine on the road.

I actually did 102+ kilometers…

Cheers, Pascal/MadC.

A photo from a recent ride in the Alps. Joe Baxter, Steve Colligan and Roger Davies.

The thread title begs for pictures of romantic conquests.:smiley:

had a fun time hopping rocks during a juggling session on gorgeous south campus of my University. tiring stuff, and i defo need a wider wheel/tire

and my “concentration face” while juggling :stuck_out_tongue:

Just back from holidays in Tunisia!

One week ago I came back from 2 weeks in Tunisia (Jerba island).

As usual, I had a unicycle with me - in fact, a KH26 Guni, that I had also with me last year during my 2010 Summer holidays, which very advantageously replaced the ungeared KH29 that I was taking with me in the plane previously.

Sorry if the picture is not very fancy… my digital camera was almost dead (it now is :)) when I took the picture, and the day was almost over with still 6~7 miles to go.

During another ride, I got lost in the “labyrinthic” sandy paths which the island of Jerba is mostly made of, and I needed the help of a few local people to find my way out.
I ended up having to ride 6 miles on the road in the total dark (well, I’m glad the moon was there to light my way a -very- little), in low gear of course, which eventually proved to be an interesting experience and something I will definitely remember!
The best moment during this night ride was when a guy on a motorcycle, riding the same road as me but in the opposite direction, came in my direction with also no light at all: not sure he saw or heard me, but on my end I knew for sure he was there thanks to… the noise of the engine… all the rest being… dark black! :slight_smile:

Cheers, MadC.

A few recent pics…

Not my last trip but the one with the best pictures. In july i crossed the alps together with steffi and david. you can see much more pictures in my blog http://lutzeichholz.de/free-solo-onsight-unicycle-alpencross/

Pimp my ride

my daughter surprised me for fathers day

Congratulations on your metric century! Part of your problem may have been from not stopping enough earlier. I completed an old-school century in June, and probably stopped at least once every 10 miles. Let the circulation go and I think it helps you last longer.

With saddles, I think the only way to know what works for you is to try it. It’s a very personal thing. I used the Freeride with the channel down the center, and it works very well for me.

I used to experience that when I was training for Ride The Lobster. Lots of miles, at high speed, and working on speed instead of distance may have been a factor. I had to loosen the laces in my 5-10s so they didn’t squeeze my feet quite so much. My century ride was done at a more comfortable pace, and my feet never bothered me.

I did learn a technique to keep the circulation flowing without stopping. If you curl and uncurl your toes for at least 30 seconds in a row, it seems to last a while after that. Or try making your shoe laces looser.

Fantastic adventure!

practiced some flat today. was working on rolling wraps. ended up doing a foot grab my accident and landing it :o

Edd posted up a pic, but here’s a couple more from Morzine with Steve, Roger and Edd:

http://www.dermandar.com/p/dhibiq/les-crosets

Joe,

We do this ride every Memorial and Labor day. I have already done a small write-up in this thread. The 15 mile route changed this time. Instead of going from Slugger Field to Iroquois Park and back we went from Slugger Field to Shawnee Park and back traveling the “Police-Blocked-Off-Roads” parallel with one of the nicer existing portions of the Louisville Loop. The good news is I learned the road shortcut that replaces parts closed for erosion. All in all, another great day with 5,000 of our two wheeled brethren.

Those who know me well might ask “Did you ride your new 36” GUni?" to which I would sadly (not that my back-up ride is so bad) have to reply…No! I opted (so nice to finally have a stable) for the shorter cranks of my un-geared Impulse. The reasons being, still waiting on a brake (not that I would have needed it on the flats of downtown) and (the real truth of the matter) I can’t yet (Rome was not built in a day) ride in high gear well enough to use it in big events. My Schlumpf is still confined to the neighborhood and my local park.

I found a great Trialsplayground at the coast of Monery Bay in Pazific Grove last Saturday.
Here are some pictures of my favourite line. Don’t know why I didn’t take a picture of the end.

01.jpg

02.jpg

03.jpg

monday holiday

p_00047.jpg