Pictures of your latest ride

mt ascutney VT…

hiking in the foliage is more fun with the Uni! photos by John O’Brien NX1Z.

I did the gap 3 times (practice run, qualification run and in the race) and landet it all 3 times :).

Nice autumn weather - perfect for a ride in the neighbourhood… :slight_smile:

late afternoon spin on the 36’er

Rode my 36er uni in the Long Beach Marathon today, 10/17/10! Did the 26.2 miles all non-stop, with no dismounts or falls! I also Filmed while riding and still managed to finish in 2:04! I’ll have a writeup with stats and video a bit later. Cheers! :smiley:

So, did you register for the Düsseldorf Marathon on 08-May-2011 yet?

Here are some pictures from the Alps / Italy, taken last Friday…

Nice pics everyone! I can’t quite compete with the Alps, but we had a nice clear day on Dartmoor today and I met up with another local rider, Alex, for some muni. He’s not been riding that long, but had a really good go at my favourite local loop. Here are a couple of pictures - a few more on the UK forum here if you’re interested.

Rob

I am currently in Israel for the first unicycle convention. More pictures in my Blog: http://lutzeichholz.blogspot.com/

If he landed that drop from the last picture, looks like he’s picking it up pretty quick. Nice shots!

definitely a day for all critters to warm their bones in the sun, including this little guy on the trail

Thanks.
Yes he did land that drop (on the second attempt). It’s a sort of natural steps formation with two drops one after the other. It actually looks quite scary from the top and I’d always chickened out of doing it when I’ve been that way before (my excuse is that it’s a bit remote and I’m always on my own… OK I’m a coward :o). After Alex had ridden it successfully I was shamed into doing it myself, so we both got something out of it. That’s what’s good about riding with other people - gets me out of the rut of what I think I can do :slight_smile:

I was impressed how much of the trail Alex actually rode. He’s only had the muni a few weeks, and before that he just had a cheap learner 20".

Rob

Pic from my new way to work (our office moved) unfortunately trams are now too crowded to make a shortcut and it takes quite a long time to get all way on uni (I discovered both things today morning :wink: ) so I will not be uniing there often, at least until spring.

Yesterday was fantastic. I went out with my dad to the Apin bush tracks to ride my unicycle. He would trail behind in the car because he loves to 4x4. The ride was so intense! I wasn’t used to the sort of environment. I mean, I’m used to a bit of muni but there were so many dropoffs and technical downhill moments. Sure gave me a challenge!

I’ve been doing this quite a bit lately, I really need to invest in a 26" :smiley:

Hi guys,

To start with, this is not exactly what I would call my last ride, because it is back when I was having my summer vacation time in Tunisia (Monastir), in August this year.

A lot of young guys were willing to get a unicycle and to learn how to ride!

Here are now pictures from a very recent ride I did in my area… that day was so beautiful (while this week the weather is soooo bad :()!

This ride was actually my first real Muni ride with my Guni, and I was surprised to see how difficult it was to keep the control in high gear while going down even little technical tracks! I definitely need to train, and possibly to switch also from my 125mm crank holes to the 150mm holes.
But it was a very fun ride anyway, and I particularly loved the versatility of my Guni!!!

Cheers, MadC.

Madc - that is an interesting position for the brake handle. Do you always ride with the brake on top of the handle and if so do you use a thumb to actuate it?

Thats my latest ride :slight_smile:

Hi mtnjeffe

This is how we are the unicyclists: people keep on sending pictures demonstrating the beauty of mother nature, and we keep our eyes focused onto the unicycle pieces of hardware. :wink:

This being said, I’m still pretty impressed by your attention to details!

Yes indeed - all my unicycles with handlebar (26", 29", 36") have got a Magura brake, and the brake is always positioned this way, i.e. upwards. I find it very convenient, especially on roads… definitely less off-road though…

I had mentioned this in this thread 2 years ago - but the close-up pictures are gone for some reasons… :thinking:

I really like this position because my thumb will perfectly “sit down” into the curved area of the spooner, and this way I feel like being more accurate than when using the normal “downwards” position. However, if the brake must be pressed very strongly (e.g. on steep/wet downhill tracks), this is not as good of course, because the thumb (my thumb at least :D) is not as strong as any of his 3 neighbors…

Another advantage is that the brake will remain out of reach in case of UPD’s, and will therefore be less likely to be damaged by rocks, etc.

Cheers, MadC.

Near Dockweillwer beach. This 36er really stands up to the elements! :smiley:

Certainly doesn’t hide that he is a blue-tongued lizard… :stuck_out_tongue:

Beautiful, crisp, sunny day here in Carinthia. Great ride in Bodental.