Pictures of your latest ride continued

Next time you’re coming too. I’ll tell my dad you think he’s a bad ass old man, and the dread lock dude is my step brother. lol :smiley:

Downed-Tree Uni

Had some large Oak trees cut down a few days ago. One of my boys couldn’t let the opportunity go to waste. :smiley:

2 Likes

And his bike is awesome, massive tires it has!

Speaking of badasses, bradahj’s son should get some honorable mention as well.

Some family time…

My wife was like “you’re going to do what?!! :astonished: What about disability insurance?”

grouptreeuni.jpg

2 Likes

Macavity and I went for a ride today at Russell Mill (Chelmsford MA) and we had fun with the logs there (I was lazy so I took the action cam out only for one of them :p).

1 Like

Muni in the Vercors, France

Hey,
Just came back from a great week-end in the Vercors mountains. Still smiling. Just two rides, but well enough for my legs (feel like a crab now when I walk down the stairs :roll eyes:)
1st ride on Saturday, 38km, >2,400m climbing. 4 fantastic downhills on single track, with good diversity - fast flowing/technical/tight switch-backs. Loved them all!
https://www.strava.com/activities/312249497
2nd ride on Sunday, 27km, >1,400m climbing and another 2 great downhills on single track.
https://www.strava.com/activities/312251716

Beautiful surroundings, how good does it get?! I highly recommend Vercors for muni - endless possibilities for both physical and technical challenges… and you get the nice views, good food and wine (ok, I am French, so I am biased, but still ;))
If anyone is interested, it would not take much to convince me to go back for more…

Here are a few pics - does not quite do it justice.

Teddy

2 Likes

sorry for not posting not a lot anymore… more riding, less posting :smiley:

2 Likes

That’s a steep slope :astonished:

You have quite a photographic eye turtle, but it begs the question… ARE YOU NUTS? :slight_smile:

ITA championship Muni 1° round Mondovì
22 23 24 Maggio 2015

:smiley:

Thanks. And yes. I’m nuts but not the only one :smiley: some shots i took of Marc, a friend of mine. We hiked to the Langspitz, the Peak you see on the fourth pic. (the pics from the last postig are taken by selftimer as usual).

1 Like

Coming back from our lunchtime ride, my friend said, “You should ride down that hill,” as we were coming up to a hill next to the road. So I pulled over and did. Harder than it looked, it had been plowed to cut the weeds down, and it was really soft, almost like skiiing. Would have been perfect for a fatty, 4" or more. These are phone photos from a ways away, so sorry for the quality, but what a blast! I’m starting to like this downhill stuff!

climbing up, small.jpg

at the top, small.jpg

coming down, small.jpg

2 Likes

A little fun on the coast

:slight_smile:

pic3.png

pic4.png

1 Like

Turtle, you’re not the only one that posts not enough here lately. I was also quite mean with my photos for you guys recently, even if some riding happened.
Photos from race in Krakow two weeks ago and ride in Silesia region yesterday.
More photos and write-up on my blog:

2 Likes

Livin’ the dream :sunglasses:

1 Like

Reach Out And Ride (ROAR)

Had the pleasure of hosting a couple of Reach Out And Ride (ROAR) folks this weekend. Itinerary included MUni at Waverly Hills Park Mountain Bike Trails, Cokering at The Parklands of Floyd’s Fork, Paved 29er tour of The Big Four Pedestrian Bridge, Trials sessions at Louisville’s Extreme Skate Park, and of course the Mega Cavern. Good people, great times!

The photo’s are from Waverly. These are hands down the best MUni trails my fair city has to offer. 3/4 miles up, up, up, the road is rewarded with nearly 2 miles of smooth (some hard core MTB riders might even call them “vanilla”) flowing off-road singletrack. I provided them shuttle service for the 2nd lap, hurried back down, parked the car, pedaled up the road, and tried my best to catch up. Nearly did but alas they were back to the truck before I arrived. Might have had a better chance had I been on my KH29. Still, it was kind of cool to see 3 different Oracle lined up.

3 Likes

Galbraith Mountain - Evolution Trail

We have been checking out the trails for the Bellingham Muni Weekend

Evolution Trail will be the first downhill trail we will be riding on Saturday Morning, June 13, 2015.

JM

2 Likes

pair 36ers

couple of pics on our 36ers, just fitted new nimbus cranks on the one

2 Likes

bungeejoe, nice that uni is the last step in the evolution :slight_smile:

And I got some more nice photos from the trip last week (http://vooni.kkdt.org/post/120373057599/tribute-to-holda), so I put them here as well :slight_smile:

2 Likes