Pictures of your latest ride continued

Got some nice riding in last week along the Truckee River (paved) and near Prosser Reservoir (single track) where the Donner Party had one of their camps. Nice riding and beautiful weather.

13 Likes

Maybe I can get away with posting about a bike ride, if it involves visiting @Becky98 on her unicycle trip through Europe. :wink: The timing happened to work out that I was house-sitting for my parents a reasonably short distance away from the European divide trail that she is following. So I packed my hammock, tarp and stuff on my mom’s bike, rode 80 km to meet Becky on the trail (or more precisely the supermarket to get supplies for the day). Had a strong headwind on a bike with a very non-aero position, so trying to be there on time actually turned into a decent workout. Then I accompanied her for 45 km more on that day until we found a good camping spot and after 20 or so km with her the next day I rode back home.

16 Likes

Seriously impressive cycling from both of you in the circumstances! I’m loving the thought of meeting you two on the trail in the middle of nowhere - world class unicyclist on bespoke best-of-everything (except possibly the brake disk :wink: ) unicycle, followed by a guy on his mum’s shopping bike with his supplies in the front basket! Thanks for the photos and story :slight_smile:

1 Like

Completed a round trip on Shanghai’s East Bund cycling track last night. 50 kilometers of awesomeness!

The photo was taken at the south terminal of the track, named the “south wall”, where in Chinese there is a proverb: don’t turn around until you hit the south wall!

14 Likes

Hi Finn, I’ve brightened up the picture a bit so you can see @Becky98 better. And I put some fresh fruits
and vegetables in your basket for you. :slightly_smiling_face:
Greetings Georg

9 Likes

Finally had time to try out a longer ride I’ve been considering for a while.
A ~ 25km tour around a nearby lake. My longest ride so far (I usually ride ~10km).

Also was the first real ride with my second handlebar built out of standard bike parts (inspired by this first attempt), replacing my previous M4O/ISM combo on this uni.

Some sections were not suitable for 29"/114mm/slicks at 45psi so to make it UPD free and with less walking I would have to take a slight different route next time.

9 Likes

From the top of Operahuset (Oslo Opera House), looking out over Oslofjorden. It is a pretty cool building. You can actually cycle up to the roof.

11 Likes

Strictly speaking you are not allowed to cycle up there but :shushing_face:… don’t tell anyone.

I also filmed my reflection in some shop front windows as I cycled through town.

6 Likes

It was quite tempting to do so, the time I was in Oslo. But I just did the sensible thing and walked up and down the building :sweat_smile:

1 Like

Stopped for a Créme Brûlée donut on the way back today. Very good!

I also got a burger but that was a lot less filling

3 Likes

Today’s ride was wonderful.

11.5 miles (~18 kilometers). The temperature at 6:30am was 77F (25C), and 95F (35C) when we finished.

When we arrived at one of the lakes during our ride, we were greeted by this hot air balloon hovering over the water as we emerged from the trees.

10 Likes

My last ride was good but it was very steep. I enjoy the steep way and i was able to ride rhos way. I’m a little proud of my own to get this steep section of the trail after so many crashes and fails.

8 Likes

Congratulations!

Did they present you with a McDonalds bag, with nothing but air, and an “order receipt” stuck to it? If not, did you manage to watch to see if the order caused any confusion? :wink:

Relaxing break after getting back to riding. Back in the saddle again. Missed being able to just jump on my uni and go ride while at summer camp with my daughter. I backed out from taking my uni as a checked bag as I didn’t want to pay any overweight fees. Lesson learned. Definitely doing it next time. It just doesn’t feel right not being able to ride. ¿Evidence of addiction?

6 Likes

Hi all!

A few weeks ago, I bought a 24" from @rvs, to start unicycling again after years not riding.

We’re with friends from the Netherlands on holiday now in the North of France, and of course…

I’ve been exploring the place here a bit, and I’m practicing wheel walking now. It is such a great feeling to be unicycling again!

And as a side note, I’ve already done some reading here and it’s nice to have so much experience and knowledge on this forum :smiley:

Warm regards,
Dirk

11 Likes

@Ulrik and @UniMyra

11 Likes

nerds! :laughing:

Great to hear that you have so much fun with the unicycle.
And nice to see that the unicycle made it al the way to France

1 Like