Pictures of your latest ride continued

Gorgeous photo Linda!

1 Like

I think the shoelace is fine, what you’ree seeing is a random plant in the foreground

1 Like

Link doesn’t work for me

Hi Ruari,
That image “Great weather today!” just looks amazing, and that homestead in the valley next to the river, looks “unreal” with the lighting on the buildings and the grass.

Could I ask how you took this picture? It is quite high for a tripod, did you use a drone?
The lighting and composition of landscape, and you “of course” make for an interesting image.

Cheers

It is in Iceland. More specifically, around here https://goo.gl/maps/BfRSXprnMzhJwa8h9. The picture was taken by a friend who was with me.

1 Like

The tyre is a 24x3 Felt “Thick Brick” (named after the brick style tread patern). It is not a muni tyre. It is a “crusier” style tyre. It is just what I had with me on this trip. It is certainly not optimal for this area, though having a little volume was nice as it softened some of the bumps on the way down.

I am in Iceland for work and brought a unicycle along because I could.

I just took my smallest because it was easiest to carry and I did not alter it from the configuration it was already in because I did not know how and when I might actually get to use it.

I was actually on a hike with colleagues and just took the uni along to cycle where I could. My friends thought I was a little nuts. To be honest I walked more than I cycled. In part because much of the route was not rideable and also because I couldn’t just race off and leave them. But I did get some riding in and certainly had fun.

P.S. When I say parts where not really rideable, this is what I mean. :laughing:

Here is another part of the trip. Look very carefully at the top of the image.

For those that can’t quite make me out.

2022-10-23 10.04.18 dgtzuqphqg23d.cloudfront.net 202082545251

5 Likes

That is awesome! In this minute I am just returning from holidays in Iceland. I went without my uni, and I had one single hike where I could have immagined riding down (and walk up). I envy you for being there at the moment!

1 Like

Here I am cycing off when I eventualy decided to ditch the others and spend a litlle bit more time riding. An easy but fun trail at this point with the only real difficulty being trying to avoid pedal strike as it was so narrow at points. :wink:

8 Likes

Having a lazy Sunday today cycling around parts of the coastline near Reykjavík.

8 Likes

Technology failed us again? Nothing new about that.

Here is a new link to the whole folder:

6 Likes

Thanks, this worked! Nice pictures :slight_smile:

Great pics, it looks like a fun ride

Great compilation Bruce!! And flapping our arms makes us go smoother/faster lol. Love that video!

Took my first “vehicular” uni ride today - using it to actually get to a destination vs practicing or joy riding. Just 3 miles round trip to the pharmacy, and only a little faster than walking (~4 mph average), but felt good overall. No unplanned dismounts, and the couple times I did dismount at busy intersections was able to free mount again with minimal fuss.

Uni is a 26" nimbus ii with a kh saddle. Currently running the stock 150 cranks, but planning to swap in 3 hole cranks and try 125 soon.

12 Likes

‘Skate date’ with the Mrs

16 Likes

Another low quality image (only my feature phone with me) but I took it anyway because I loved the contrast in colour between this big yellow mound and the black dirt and gravel.

EDIT: In case you wondered… this is from on the coast of Seltjarnarnes (Reykjavík), Iceland. These things were apparently used to assist sailing (and as a landmark). The first one in this location was raised around 1780. Last one (prior to this) got destroyed 1996 by bad weather. This one was built some time after that.

14 Likes

A nice fall ride and I beat my old non-stop distance record of 20 miles. Today I went over 26 miles (42km) with no stops or dismounts. This was on my bike saddle and front support system.

17 Likes

Congrats on the personal best! :clap:
Keep it up. (pun intended)

1 Like

Beautiful day. Wish we’d get some rain, but certainly enjoying the sun while out riding!

11 Likes