Pictures of your latest ride continued

Ah…
Thank you. Next time I will do like this

You can just paste the youtube link on an empty line, and the video will show up without doing anything else. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Trying to make the best of the last day of sunshine before Glasgow’s finest (aka rain storm) sets in for the next week or so.

But boy was it wet already; half the handlebar got stuck in the ground after a UPD on the soggy grass. Maybe I should have gone for the stock 4.8 rather than 4.0 tyre?

6 Likes

Halloween themed with a mid ride stretch.

5 Likes

Tinkerbeau, an off topic question for you…

I see you have a short handlebar on your Hatchet, do you think that you would have enough brake line to accommodate a longer handlebar?

Any other concerns or “must haves” with regards to your Hatchet? (larger tire, crank size, etc…)

Thanks for any feedback (from anyone) and sorry about the off topic.

Hello Canoeheadted.
I built the Hatchet from the frame up, so it was entirely my fault that the brake line is a little short and I can’t tell you if the stock line is longer. I like the short handlebar for a bit of extra control (torque?) and am in the process of putting a longer line in.
There was a fair bit of discussion on Hatchet rims, tyres, tubeless (or not) etc. in this thread: https://unicyclist.com/t/nimbus-hatchet-rim/127307/2

1 Like

Thank you for that.

Yesterday we started a 5km radius circle
After riding a peace of cake is was enough for the day

2 Likes

Great to have long weekends, got in 192k over weekend on three different trails

1 Like

From a recent ride on the beach bike path. My wife rides a recumbent trike, and when people ask were my other wheel is, I tell them I gave it to her. (One makes about as much sense as the other. :sunglasses:

5 Likes

Not the latest ride, just another picture of the random cat trying to rip open my seat.

6 Likes

Last Saturday we did the 2nd part of our 5km radius tour.
It was only a small segment of the circle, but very exhausting
anyway it was a lot of fun

3 Likes

looks like you all enjoyed and that great that you have people to get with, i come from a downhill mtb background but sadly none of my mates have got the unicycle bug sadly.

beeing back after 10 fays of quarantine…

5 Likes

I see you have knee protection, but do you ever land on your knees?

1 Like

:joy: yes i do, actuelly very often

Wait - how does that work? Aside from the feet-hands-knees progression, when you’ve already absorbed virtually all of the fall in the former two…

Depending on how you fall (and if you fall in a way you can have a say in your landing), it is a lot better to slide on your knee pads (especially the outter plastic shell) than on your hands. So imagine being on your knees sliding.
But with UPDs, there are so many ways we fall and so many different ways out (with or without control) that I am grateful for the protective gear I wear and how it saves the day !

That sounds painful, sliding on your knees after a dismount :smile: Coming from a volleyball background, where sliding on knees is not a thing, I’d always take a role rather than a slide on either knees or hands. I guess that’s just habit, but knees sound more attractive than hands at least (though I’ve never actually experienced it).

Being a beginner muni rider I just fell on my knee first after hitting a rock hidden by fallen leaves (well, on my knee guard mostly, but I realized that I should get better knee guards that stay in place). Being a beginner, who never did any martial arts either, I’m totally unable to control my fall, especially on steep rocky trails. In this case I was thrown off, stumbled over the unicycle and fell to the side, hitting a rock with my knee first - the foot was kind of caught in the wheel.

(Before you ask: I’m fine, it’s just a tiny bruise.)

1 Like