Pictures of your latest ride continued

Kris Holm in night city.

Took a slightly different route into work today and saw this shipping container on the way in.

I considered shouting, “UniTeam… unite!” in the hope that UniMyra and all the other unicyclists in Oslo would suddenly appear, like some kinda of odd superhero team. But then… I thought better of it! :stuck_out_tongue:

Hi dangerlaef, Would love to hear your feedback on riding in this event. I’ve been considering doing the next one, but am not sure how I’ll go with the distance, the hills out of the National Park, and for time to complete.

I was riding on Lady Carrington Track yesterday and so went to have a look at the road up to Otford, but unfortunately it was closed. Last time I was on that bit of road I was on a motorbike, the hill was fun then…

Did you put on Strava?

Bruce

Good luck Bruce.

Spring in Detroit

I’ve been wanting to take the Dequinder Cut for a while now. I got my chance after I dropped my girls of at the DIA for Girl Scouts.
Trying out a “standard” saddle for a while(Schwinn gel)
Very relaxing ride, beautiful day!

It probably landed on mine.

I know what the DIA is. :slight_smile:

I second John Foss: Hmm… since many people on this forum are aliens (from far far away:D) we don’t have many clues about those strange 3 letters acronyms used over the pond :slight_smile:

Dental Intelligence Agency

(sorry)

Wow…

…2008 this thread was started, 700 + pages of motivation.

Thank you everybody.

I’d say I am the only non-alien. :smiley:

:roll_eyes: I figured dropping off my girls was a minor part of the story. Anyone intrigued could google it for more info.
Pretty cool place though…

Not just the pond; people don’t seem to realize that many US colleges have the same acronyms as well. Whicn U of M were you talking about? The one in Michigan, or the one that hosted Unicon VII?

Better to use the post count; you can set your browser to view different numbers of posts per page. Mine is set at 50.

Have you tried Googling “DIA”? Defense Intelligence Agency is on the first page, but Detroit Institute of arts came up for me on the second. :slight_smile:

Anyway, sorry about the threadjack. It indeed is a cool place; when I was a kid my family went to see classic old movies at the theater in the back, and in 1979-81 I went to the art school that’s behind the museum.

when you’re dropping off your kids
and you’re suffering the skids
DIA-rrhea

when you’re riding on your wheel
and your butt begins to squeal
DIA-rrhea

when you do a three foot drop
and you end it with a “plop”
DIA-rrhea

LOL!
elpuebloUNIdo has skills!:D:D

Roadblock!

I had that happen to me too. There was a whole group of them on the bicycle path here in the forest. I figured if they would just lay there, I could ride in between, but one cow was very panicked and jumped up and crossed right in front of my uni, making me upd. There rest of the way I walked quietly passed them. Only the bull kept its ground and wouldn’t move.

Couple of photos from my trip out today. Nothing fancy, just a few dirt tracks :smiley:

The last one is of particular interest as it’s part of a new cycle track that links the pub across the road from me to an older bike path that takes me all the way to the next town without going on any roads. The older path is awesome but it, rather pointlessly, means riding on about a mile of main road to get onto it, so the new bit opened here now allows me to get on it without any roads!

Yes, to be approached with care… common livestock are not harmless

This day I was not the slowest thing on the road: