Parade fun

Awesome July 4th parade in Aspen yesterday, fun was had by all.

Fun from the Atlanta 4th of July Parade.

We had about 30 riders in the Atlanta parade. We probably had 50 riders in the Marietta parade earlier in the day. Lots of kids. Great talent, too.

This picture is from the Atlanta parade.

Front Left with flag shirt - Al Lieffring on his Chopper
Front Center - ?? (who is that?)
Right with yellow helmet - John Drummond of UDC
Back left with Uncle Sam hat - Chad G. aka the Bugman
Back right with floppy hat - Jeffrey aka Munipsycho

Plus:
Amy D driving the yellow Offical UDC (not a hummer) Jeep. She kept us fully hydrated. Thanks Amy!

Followed by the Bugman’s white Atlanta Unicycle Club Jeep. The little girl on top of the Bugman’s white Jeep is my 7 year old daughter. She was tired after the first parade earlier in the day and had earned a rest.

Fun from the Atlanta 4th of July Parade.

This picture is from the Marietta Parade early in the Day.

The photo was taken by the proud mother of the little girl in the center of the picture. It was posted by the proud father.

Go paraders!

Mike, I always look forward to your pictures. But that clown getup is one of the scariest I’ve ever seen! The makeup is very cool, but I bet you sent some little kids screaming. :astonished:

Our local airbrush artist is really good, he painted all nine of our faces, over an hour and a half of detailed work. A SMILE will always make a scary face easier to digest.

(QUOTE)We had about 30 riders in the Atlanta parade. We probably had 50 riders in the Marietta parade earlier in the day. Lots of kids. Great talent, too. (QUOTE)

Nice work on two parades in one day, no helmets though. We can’t ride w/o helmets.

Here’s one more pic.

mike pardade july 4th 05'.jpg

Another pic, twin brothers riding on top of one another.

kelly and willie parade july 4th 05' (2).jpg

We had 18 riding in the Canonsburg, PA parade. All from our newly formed club, The Wonders. We had a great time, but it was hot and humid and the parade was about a mile long. We were all wasted despite drinking water along the way.

Biggest hit of the day was having most of the riders fall off the unicycles and play dead everytime the Militia Men fired their rifles. They were marching directly behind us and were shooting over our heads. Got a big laugh every time.

I’ll post a pic after I learn how to make it smaller so it will be accepted by this forum. :o

Bill

bill i live in pa to. where is Canonsburg. we shoud ride togather

Is the bottom twin wearing a helmet? I can’t quite tell.

Great pics. Parades are a blast. I never knew till Eyal, Hans and I rode in a parade a few weks ago in Santa Barbara. My legs were dead from Muniing for 2 1/2 hours earlier that morning. I had no idea how strenuous parade riding is on a muni, since you go about .005 miles an hour. Never done so much idling and wheel walking in my life. We got behind an exotic dance corps driven by a fusalage of conga drummers and it was smokin’. And a girl (very comely) in front of us–part of hula hoop dance troup–wasn’t wearing any underware beneath her mid-thigh, gold sequined skirt. She was a crowd favorite. Only in Santa Barbara . . .

Afterwards I poured down 100 ounces of lemonaid, and nearly fell asleep driving home to LA.

JL

I think there is something in the rules that says wearing a human on your head counts as a helmet.
Edit: (As long as the human helmet is wearing a helmet.)

John, I would think that hula hoop girl would be quite distracting and make it difficult to ride. You get a lot of credit for accepting the challenge and remaining behind her.

Scott

Here’s a little 2’20" video of the parade. The shooting starts toward the end of the vid. The crowd ate it up!

http://gallery.unicyclist.com/albums/free4all/4th_of_July_2005_WONDERS.wmv

Bob (unidaddy)

Here’s a little 2’20" video of the parade. The shooting starts toward the end of the vid. The crowd ate it up!

Bob (unidaddy)

Bob (unidaddy)

Atlanta Unicycle Club 4th of July pictures

If anyone has more AUC parade pictures, I’ll be happy to post them.

http://www.atlantaunicycleclub.com/album/20050704/

That’s a PERFECT example of the kind of stuff that can “kill” in a parade! Very easy to do, and everybody loves it.

The hard part, of course, is arranging to be in front of that same group in every parade…

That reminds me of one of the fun things I sometimes do with the “local environment” in parades. Slalom the horse doo-doo. Ride toward it like you don’t know it’s there. Then at the last second, jam on the brakes and freak out, with lots of back-pedaling arm motion. Still out of control, do a shaky zig-zag through the droppings. Come out backwards at the end for extra credit. Guaranteed laugh for the people who are paying attention!

Lucy and I made our own parade.

uncle sam 1.jpg

Great video unidaddy and AUC is looking good! it’s fun to look at all the parade pics. Here’s a group photo of The Wonders before the Canonburg, PA parade.

Bill