once again the 180 unispin

ya same i landed mine today to but, up todayi was always just geting 1 foot on my back foot so then all you have to do is watch the front one and just focus on landing on that one because my back foot always gets on.
If you are not jumping high enough and falling back ( and that was what i was doing) then focus on keeping the uni on the ground because then there will be more room fom your jump and it wont slip out, and one more thing i know you need asweres to what you are doing wrong but i dont think sitting on the computer is going to make you a much better 180 unispin

I found that out myself and just try alot of different things, and dont get mad.

Well dont try and whip the unicycle super fast because then you cant really see the pedals/cranks and 2 because of the of rotation and if you are finding to hard to keep it slow, you say you get a 3/4 rotation? then go for the other 1/4 as long as the uni is still under you , i dont advise that but then you can say the learned th 360 spin before the 180.

ya well now i have landed it and i fond some soccer shin pads so now my knee and calf are the only things geting hit, and ya im making a video for 661 and if i get sponsered ill use the discount ,untill then i guess ill have to suck it up

what r easier 180 unispins or 90’s?

I could first land 180 unispins and then after some weeks I started landing 90’s

today i went out and once i started focusing just on snapping my feet back in i nearly got them. my left foot is having trouble commiting though… then i had to mow the lawn so i couldnt practice any more:(

visualise and attack.:smiley:

ok

Kk what I did was learn suicide mount which is were you have the uni in from of you and the jump onto the unicycle just have it in front of you then let go and jump on it after that practice no footers and the just spin the uni but don’t land it after that you got it so have fun and GL

I’ve seen some really high seats in videos of 180 unispins and i’m not sure if this affects the trick?
Just wondering is a low seat a disadvantage when learning to 180 unispin?
I’m too sore and tired to go try unispins with a higher seat today…

I would say yes, a higher seat is better for unispins…
My reasoning is: You are able to keep more upright, therefore being in a more ‘natural’ position to land.
If your seat is down you will be crouching further and more likely to lose alignment with the uni after initiating the spin.
Try with your seat up a inch or 2, i think you’ll find it’ll help!
I found it did anyway :smiley:

I can now 180 unispin.
Ill tell you how later but ill give you some background.
I practised for hours each day with shin pads (front and back) on my 20" Qu-ax muni doing jump mounts and 180 jump mounts until they were completely solid. In between practising these I would try 180s on grass but would never get more than my right foot brushing the pedals. I’d seen all the videos and read all the tutorials and tried and tried to commit but id just never make it; i am not the type to fluke tricks. I became extremely annoyed and stopped for a while to learn to 1ft ww and glide.
In our area we have an extended group of friends that ride. One friend who i dont see often learnt to ride extremely quickly and i knew when he got his torker 16" (He’s quite small). He bought it for around $200. A few weeks later i was surprised to find that he could unispin.
Today i saw the 16" for the first time and i had a go. I really liked the weight. He showed me a few unispins and i was hooked to learn. When i jumped hardish i would hit the rim on the ground so i tried to not go too hard on the uni. I had 1 or 2 spins on grass, then landed one. Landed about 5 more on the 16". It was so easy. Tried it on my 20. Failed a few times. Did a few more on the 16". Went to the 20. Got it on like my 2nd try. I did not have leg guards on all this day.
I can now consistantly 180 unispin on my quax, landing on the cranks. I will aim for the pedals tomorrow as i am too exhausted today.
I am looking into getting an ebay 16" and fitting it with a high pressure bmx tube (any recommendations) and probabaly a stronger 16" later.

Random: Does anyone know what a 180 unispin with a back crank flip is?
I have been calling it a hick-back?

This is my unispinning story. I hope it helps.

EDIT: Any idea where i can get a cheap 16" in Aus? Oz-auctions/crazysales who i got my previous learner from only sell down to 18"s. I dont want to spend a lot of money importing or buying from a bike shop atm.

Try no-footers.

I never did this because I landed my first 180 unispin while I was goofing off.

(just goes to show things can happen while goofing off:))

In my opinion, no-footers would help because they get your foot motion down, and when your foot motion is down, spinning the uni is easy.

I find when I attempt 360 unispins (I’m really close) it’s not the spinning that is hard, is not being able to spin because my legs aren’t far out enough.

Good luck. Dedicate 2 more hours of serious work, and I bet you get it.

[RIGHT]I wouldn’t spend time on no-footers, I never did. At least for me, when I do no-footers, I bring my legs up, instead of out like you need to do for unispins. But if it helps, do it. And don’t focus only on the angle your legs go out at, the height you hop over the uni is equally important.

And yes, a 180 unispin with a back(crannk)flip is normally called a hickback[/RIGHT]

i need 661 's

I finally landed one of those evil things, you guys were right, I went out the past couple days and just practiced like non-stop for a couple hours and finally I landed one ( 3 actually) very sketchy, but I’ll take it!

its pretty easy if you learn the mount i learned it in one day just focus on spinning the uni and landing on the cranks not the peddles its so much easyer

you guys should try 661 DH shin guards for uni they protect the back of your legs more.

to leArn 180 unispins I just focused on them for about 3 days nonstop. I found the 180 jump mount was a huge help I’m learning them. I’m sick with the flu now but once I get better I will start on 360 unispins but tips for those would be appreciated