once again the 180 unispin

generally you will want to hop and spin. although it is possible to spin with the wheel still on the ground

Any videos yet guys?

some people say its easier to spin while the wheel stays on the ground
I think you should do the way you do better

Unispin

Now I can do the 180 mount. But when I try the actual unispin I happen to either jump backwards or move the uni away from me…

I don’t have a video camera, and I think I can probably get it in the next day or so, so I don’t think I need to make a video.

t.m.c what are you dewing in your avatar??

it looks like a unispin

lol that’s not a picture of me…I just thought that that was a cool picture, I’ll get a picture of me when I can finally do something cool.

How do I keep the uni from spinning away from me? Everytime I jump and spin, I just kinda push the uni away from me…:frowning:

I suffer from the same thing and I think the only way to fix this prob. is to GROW SOME BALLS!!

What really helped me alot was not watching my feet. Try looking a few feet in front of your uni when you spin and concentrate on bringing your feet back to the middle of the wheel (landing on the cranks). Don’t know if this will work for everyone, but its what got me to stop being afraid of landing with one foot and causing a pedal bite.

ya same my legs have so many cuts and bruses, cuz i land on one pedal and then the uni come whiping at my shin.

May I suggest some 661’s? (or shinguards, whatever). But I do have my fair share of bruises on the back of my left leg (calf) because mine don’t have hard plastic protection on the back, just cloth. Remember: keep practicing and you will land it.

well on the topic of 180s…

After recording myself trying to do a 180 unispin the only thing stopping me from landing it is psychological…

I don’t know how I’m going to get around that. I can’t seem to force my legs inward… :thinking:

Oh well. I’ll just keep trying. Maybe it’ll come to me in my sleep. :wink:

ya

Well I seem to be getting worse the more I practice…I might just have to put up a video of me trying to to what’s going on.

no video, but an animation i just get this but i can´t snap my feet in =(
do i have to jump higher or whats the problem? (or is there no problem and i just should do it? :roll_eyes: )

Video it. your animation didnt work for me
Edit: judging by your picture you have the same problem that I’m having with 5 spins. do you sometimes land on with your right foot and not your left? If so, it’s all about commitment and getting that left leg to obey master brain up there

I recently learned 180 unispins.

I found it hard when I first tried to learn them. So I stopped trying for a long time.

My original skills I had and though I needed were

Jump mount.
180 Jump mount.

For me the skills that finally helped me was.

Jump mount - High. Like try to jump, lifting my legs as high as possible.
No Footer - Not just a standard no footer but high.
(These skills also helped me with getting the confidence)

Jump mount to wheel hoping
90 degree jump mount to wheel hoping from seat out in front position

One of the final things that helped me the other week was realising that I jumped and spun the unicycle anticlockwise when doing wheel hopping. While unispinning i was trying to spin clockwise. When I corrected this, I got it within 3 attempts. Even then, once I landed a few unispins I worked on spinning clockwise to wheel hopping and was getting unispins clockwise as well.

As with what most people are saying. Wear guards, practice the individual skills and really go for the skills and you’ll get it.

Oh Snap!!! A tutorial video for you. I would also advise just watching others do them to see their technique. Remember their’s more then one way to skin a cat.

How do you fix over rotation? When I try to put my feet in they hit the tire on the 3/4 rotation.

Pigs

Try to start jumping higher than the tyre or open a bit more your legs.