Official Los Angeles/Orange County Ride Organization Thread

Pizza break at Santa Monica Pier:

After 48 miles! :stuck_out_tongue:

pizza.jpg

tired.jpg

Mbalmer is a climbing machine!

After Griffith Park on Friday evening, I went muni-ing at 7am Saturday morning and I still feel it!

One more of Clay & Alicia on today’s 48 miler. :smiley:

Pigeon likes pizza! :stuck_out_tongue:

aliciaclay.jpg

burd.jpg

You can see from the pics and the Video above, WE HAD A B-B-B-B-BLAST! The Weather was cool all day with a slight headwind going north, but the way back was clear and AWESOME!
We started at Torrance at 9am and made our way through some of California’s coolest beach cities! It was really cool to see how different each city is though. Take for instance: Malibu and VENICE only 4 miles away from each other?! We stopped at the Venice Skate Park to watch some of the locals Shred and then continued on to Lunch at a VERY GOOD Pizza Place under the Santa Monica Pier. They don’t skimp, so if you are in the area, EAT THERE! Then we made our way up to Will Rogers State Beach and turned around and made our way back. We contemplated doing an extra 3 miles to Break 50miles, but by the time we got back to the car, as you can see in the photos above, for me and my wife, it was out of the question.
For all of you who didn’t go, YOU HAD NO IDEA WHAT YOU WERE MISSIN’!
Thanks Terry for the great tour!

Looks like an awesome ride! I’m sorry I missed it.

Fullerton Loop Night Ride Wed 11/9 6:30 PM

Night time muni is a whole new experience and the Loop is a great place to try it out. I will be riding from the court house parking lot at 6:30 but if anyone else is interested I can start earlier or later.

How long is the distance?

cancelled due to lack of interest

perhaps another night

Any good muni rides in the LA area this long weekend?

I’ll be on two wheels Thursday with the MTB club and auto racing on Sunday so what’s cooking for Friday and Saturday?

hey hey i`m of 30 july to 30 august in LA… If someone wants to show me some good places to go and something to play with the unicycle:D ?!

Just a quick not to all those subscribed to this thread, I’m starting a new uni club in the OC and LA area. See this thread for more info: http://www.unicyclist.com/forums/showthread.php?t=115156&highlight=orange+county

Muni ride Sunday 3/9/14 Aliso Wood

8:00 Sunday at Canyon Vista Park - Aliso Wood Muni ride

I’ll be visiting LA early in March and one of the items on my tourist checklist is riding the venice beach bike path. Is there anywhere I can hire a unicycle or better still can I incite a meet up and perhaps borrow a wheel from a local?

Sure, no problem.

There is the One Love Unicycle Club in LA and we would be more than happy to organize a group ride as well as a uni for you. Let me know the exact date and time and we will make it happen. Also what size wheel do you prefer and how many miles or km’s do you want to ride for?