Oddest Comment Yet

A lady once saw me about to hop on this wooden-box that was built around a trash can in a public park what I was doing. I told her about riding trials, and how I was going to hop on this object (because I was just starting to get onto things around 30"). She then proceeded to ask “why?”

How would you explain why you would want to jump onto something with a unicycle to an old lady who asked you what you were doing in the first place. Twenty minutes of my discussing trials riding goes by. Still looks puzzled. --Oh, did I mention that she up and sits down on the thing! and tells me to let her know if I want her to move!–

She then gets up, because she was waiting for her family to get to the top of a hill, and then they would walk together off to who knows where. She tells me, “that’s MORE AMAZING that you can ride it on FLAT GROUND, than hopping.”

Some people.

not really terribly odd, but sort of…

“That thing got a Hemi?”

if only it would have been dangerous…

OH and thanks for the weekend Brian, It was awesome !

It was really steeped getting a chance to ride with you guys

we all die sometime.

Chav: “Oi, Mister ! Can I have a go on that ?”
Me: “Yeah, of course you can.”
Chav’s Chavy mates while watching Chav attempt to mount a Coker having never ridden a unicycle of any description at all: “Ha HA HAHAHAH !!!”
Chav & Chavy mates watching me rolling mount very cleanly and ride into the distance: “That’s way cool man !”

Same ride a few miles later a boy of around 8yrs old: “Hey, he’s got no handlebars !” I loved that one - not the first thing most people observe as absent.

i got one riding my bc wheel early as people are stumbling from the bar one guy in a group of probably 10 or 12 people says “now you know that guy smokes crack”

What is the association between BC and smoking crack?? Maybe’s that why i could never ride Rupert’s (neither could he acually) We get stopped by alot of chavs, usually if you give them the time of day and let them have a go they turn out to be vaguely decent people. I always used to hate chavs, but then i was a goth in my teens :smiley:

omg, that person is hilarious.

Just find comfort in the fact that they will most likely die long before you.

I got another one today. An old woman walked out of her house and I was expecting her to watch (as most do). I was trying to crank grab onto a box, when she says to me, “You are going to scratch that, you know that right, I don’t have money to pay for the paint that you’re going to scratch off!” She says this really angrily, kind of menacingly. I say OK and proceed to attempt it again when she says to me,
“GET OFF!”
“Last time I checked, paint going off of water pipe covers doesn’t raise your homeowners fee.”
“Well, why do you do it, is it easier to start if you are standing on a box.” I realize that this is going to be extremely difficult to explain.
“No, it isn’t easier to start, as you can see, it has no motor, there is nothing to start.”
“Well then get off!” After that I just left, thinking that she was crazy and when she was out of sight I practiced more.

Well if paint is coming off, then technically what you’re doing is vandalism, whether that is your intent or not, and her concern is legitimate. So rather than trying to argue with her you really should just move along, whether it’s her property that you’re destroying or not.

What you are saying puts a perspective on matters well worth bearing in mind.

i was in the city and this lady told me i was riding too close to the footpath and that i could fall off and hit someone (i was trickin on these blocks)… then proceeded to tell me to get off and wait until i did. then i said “ahhhh… no”
then she stormed off and turned around and said “you people are whats wrong with the world today!” “i hope you kill yourself. the world will be glad to be rid of you.”…

nice old bag hey

As your ovine colleague, I concur. Shouldn’t there be a link associated with that little (teeny, tiny) bit of wisdom? Raphael gets no respect; he should at least get some credit.

As your ovine colleague, I concur. Shouldn’t there be a link associated with that little (teeny, tiny) bit of wisdom? Raphael gets no respect, he should at least get some credit.

I just love saying that. I stole it. It’s mine now. But what you are saying does put a perspective on things well worth bearing in mind.

:astonished:

o and this is my 1000th post. dig it

What’s a chav?

See http://www.unicyclist.com/forums/showthread.php?t=38668&page=6&highlight=chav+car for my definition on this forum. (there’s an extremely good picture of a typical chav’s car, too)

Alternatively, here’s a delightful example of a group (there’s an excellent plural noun oppurtunity here…answers on a postcard ) of chavs (or scallies as we call them up oop narth).
Pay particular attention to the first photograph where distinguishing features are particularly noticeable. The baseball cap/suit combo on the younger specimen, the mothers’ inappropriately short skirt and the stupidly small handbag.

edit:A link might help mightn’t it…http://www.sportnetwork.net/main/s105/st80039.htm