Nortstar At Tahoe 07/08

I was thinking it’d be good to not conflict w/ the Nationals and I now some people really don’t like to do big things on back to bask weekends.

I think last summer they opened the first weekend of July.

Does that count retroactively?

(I’ll share…)

Surely if you’ve already rolled it, it’ll be no problem for you to roll it again, no?

Let me know the dates and I’ll try and make it. I’d LOVE to do these trails. As long as it doesn’t interfere with NAUCC, Unicon or RTL I “should” be able to make it.

Bump

So who’s in for this?

Which weekend should we make it? It doesn’t really matter to me.

Bump again

Hi,

I have a mild interest in this. It sounds fun. I will just give my two cents on a few things. I think it would be better to bump this after January 1st. People are busy with all sorts of stuff between Christmas and New Years, IMHO. Wait a week or so, and then bump again when stuff settles down. People will be more apt to discuss.

As far as picking a date, perhaps start looking at the weather records for July and see when the odds are that the temps will be the most favorable, and then go with a date that shows a record of mild temps over time. Not perfect, but just an idea.

Cheers.

July is HOT HOT HOT

Actually the whole riding season at Northstar is pretty nice. Cold in the mornings and warm to hot in the afternoons. They probably don’t open until late June at the earliest, and usually close at the end of September. It’s still a possibility for MUni Weekend as well, though I’d rather go someplace new if we can come up with a workable ride. Another idea is the Hole In The Ground trail, which we rode part of in 2006. Kris Holm and Beau rode the whole thing and Kris remarked that he thought it was the best trail he’s ridden in California. But best for Kris might kill a lot of average riders, so we have to figure out rides, or combinations of rides, that will work for the larger group.

And we’re going to do Downieville, so we may not want to do two “epic” rides in the same weekend…

Anyway, I’m all over a Northstar ride earlier in the season. I just have conflicts with RTL, NAUCC and Unicon.

Bump

Last summer Northstar opened the first weekend of July. I was thinking that weekend, but that’s the same time as NAUCC (July 5,6). I think the earlier the better, but I know often people don’t like to do big trips on back to back weekends. Doesn’t really matter to me though.

We could go to Mamouth
(map, voted best mtb resort in 2007), but I’d preffer to go to Northstar mainly because it’s closer for me. This year they are scheduled to open on June 21.

When is RTL?

Missed deadline

nevermind

Bump

I think we should try to set on a weekend, so which one? I’m thinking some time in July other than the 5,6.

Who’s in?

Who’s still thinking about it?

I might try and make it if I can. Although with MOAB, RTL, NAUCC, Unicon and CMW it’s gonna be tough…

i wanna go

Corbin and I are a four hour drive from Northstar, so we can join with little notice. To be fair, we can also drop out with little notice.

That being said, I’ve always enjoyed riding at Northstar, regardless of the cost.

It’s good that you don’t ride next to the July 4 holiday. The area will be PACKED.

If you can set a date soon enough, I may be able to secure lodging for several riders at a low cost. My family has a property in King’s Beach, 20 minutes from Northstar, and 20 meters from a Lake Tahoe beach.

We might even be able to talk some of the locals into taking us on a run down some of their favorite trails. Perhaps a mini Muni weekend?

^^^
I was thinking of waiting until they release their official opening date before trying to set a date. (It’s prob the first weekend of July)

I’m free any weekend but the second one of July - Saturday the 12 (I’m going to a wedding).

I’m still in, but won’t be around on the dates that conflict with RTL (I hope), NAUCC and Unicon.

Correct me if I don’t have this correct.

RTL is June 16-12,
NAUCC is July 6-12
&
Unicon is July 26 - Aug 4

… so you could do it the 3rd weekend of July (19,20) or as early as August 9,10:o

That would make for a very busy month for you.

Edit

I just got a reply from Northstar on their opening dates.

What date should we set?

Like I said I’m free any Fi-Sun except Saturday, July 12. So that weekend is probably out for me, and the ones JF mensioned are out for him, so if both of us are to make it that leavs:
May 24,25
May 31 & June 1
June 7,8
June 21, 22
June 28, 29
July 19,20
Aug 9,10
…later ?

One of my favorite videos.