Northern Virginia Trials and Muni Weekend

That was pretty awesome today…thanks for setting it up. It was painfully obvious that i was the least experienced there, but still really fun.

My right ankle is still pretty sore, but i think it’ll be mostly better in the morning. It’s probably one of those things that could’ve been prevented by stretching, but oh well.

Looking forward to seeing the footage taken.

Great weekend!

Friday was trials: Myself, Max and Joey attended. Joey was the only one that didn’t end up wet. I got one foot wet and Max fell in completely, but it was a great spot to ride.

Saturday was a perfect day for riding Muni. James, Ben, Max and Myself did the full eight mile loop of rolling singletrack. Including a few breaks to film and whatnot it took us almost five hours to complete it. James rode his Coker the whole way while me and Max were on 24"s. Ben rode his 29er. We took some video with James’ camera, so he is going to send me the clips which I will put together in a short movie.

Overall a great weekend. I’m hoping I can get down again for the same event next year!

Peace
Seamus

Hey guys,

The muni ride that was supposed to happen on Dec. 15 is gonna have to be moved. Something unavoidable came up, so I’m either gonna move it do the day after, Dec. 16, or the week after, Dec. 22.

If anyone doesn’t want to do it on a Sunday, then we’ll just go with the 22nd. Otherwise, it will be the 16th.

Max

Sounds good to me. I’ll get an extra day to run some trails in PA.

22nd would probably work for me, if need be.

OK, 22nd it is.

22nd works perfect for me. I’ll be there.

I’ll be in Miami for the 22nd, but I’ll just catch up with people a diff weekend. Fountainhead was really fun, and I want to try it again on my 29er once I put my new tire on.

Sounds like it was fun.

Did you guys get any pics?

Some video of the Muni ride would be cool. :slight_smile:

Yeah, we got some video. Not sure when it’ll be up and if it will be raw or edited.

As for the Dec 22 ride, who else is coming? Phil, Ryan, Max, anyone else planning on making it?

I’ll be there w/ my KH 24…hopefully I can keep up, dunno what you guys are riding.

Oh yeah, I forgot you were gonna be able to make it. I’ll be on a 24, and so will Frank unless he got a new uni. After doing the full loop I have decided that fountainhead would be awesome on a 29er, but a 24 will do the job just fine. The time I went before, I had taken all the shortcuts which I seem to remeber being more techy though.

Any idea how many miles the route we’re gonna do is? Just so I know what I need to get myself accustomed to…

On the t-day weekend ride there was some discussion about it. My dad said he had read it was 8, I had read that it was 12, and everyone agreed that it felt like 11 or 12, but rides always feel longer than they are. It took us about 5.5 hours including stops for eating, trying hard sections, trying the teeter-totters, skinnies, gaps, etc. If we need to we can take some of the shortcuts, but the whole trail is really fun to do. We can probably expect to be out on the trail for about 5-6 hours if we do the whole thing.

Can’t wait. I’ll be on a 24.

Yeah, it’ll be fun even if it’s only 3 of us. But it would be awesome if some Richmond riders carpooled up with Frank or came up. Joey, are you coming?

I think i’ll be there again with my AX29

Use those directions for getting to fountainhead, mapquest and google maps give wrong ending addresses. I’m gonna PM this to everyone too just to make sure you dont end up at the other side of the lake.

My 8-month old niece caught some sort of bad cold. Mommy (my sister) caught it from her, who transmitted it to me and my family when we came to visit. Looks like I’m the last to get it, since my parents are already sick.

Thus far, it’s only a sore throat and stuffy nose, but will eventually hit my lungs, maybe by tomorrow. :frowning:

Due to this, I don’t know if I’ll be able to make it tomorrow.

If I think I can still reasonably ride, I’ll try to make it out. However, I may be even slower than anticipated due to the sickness, especially since I haven’t ridden since wednesday and am generally not in shape. If I fall too far behind you guys, I’ll just let you all go ahead and I’ll go it alone.

See you all tomorrow (hopefully) :slight_smile:

Psh, we wouldn’t leave you behind. I sent PMs to 5 people on Tuesday wondering if they are coming and haven’t heard from any of them, so its still just the 4 of us.

Gonna do my best to get there by 10, but I’m still in Richmond and just now hitting the sack around 2:30am, so we’ll see. If I’m late I’ll call you so ya’ll don’t have to wait up for me.