Nimbus, QU-AX or KH ?

Lol, thanks for info, I am sticking with the Nimbus seems like its good cause i can only really hop and idle and little drops at the moment however i am getting better quickly :stuck_out_tongue: Is there somewhere in Australia where i can get these ā€œmomentā€ cranks? and how much does a KH seat cost? i am thinking if i get something from US Save on postage and get 2 things :stuck_out_tongue:

Postage from US will be quite $$.
Iā€™d just stick with a stock nimbus for a while and go from there.

KK will Do.

You can get them here from your unicycle.com.

I recommend that you use the stock Nimbus ISIS parts until they break (they should last a while, especially if youā€™re still learning and not being too hard on it), and then buy these cranks as an upgrade later on, seeing as I donā€™t think your UDC does custom orders.

Mountain bike pioneer Keith Bontrager is credited with this saying (though the word order may be different). Itā€™s become a truism for off-road cycling equipment, although in the larger world of cycling, everything muni-related is cheapā€“even the KH/Schlumpf hub.

:slight_smile: Thanks for clearing that up.

Then it was Kris who quoted Keith.

Edit:

Found it

People on here are always saying to upgrade to moment cranks. I was wondering what the difference is between the moments and just some standard cranks, from looking all I can see is that the moments are bigger.

Bigger = different build, and the moments are International Spline Interface Standard (ISIS) so they wont go on a square taper.
ISIS = stronger then square, so if you need stregth they are a optionā€¦ however not if you have a square taper hub.

I think he may have meant as opposed to the standard ISIS cranks already on the Nimbus ISIS trialsā€¦

I have emailed my friend and just waiting for a response now. Ill try to find out how he can get the nimbus if hes not part of UDC :stuck_out_tongue: Moment cranks sound like a good upgrade :stuck_out_tongue: Any type of seat i should get?

Yeah, thats correct.
I had too many things running around in my headā€¦ ISIS Nimbus, my Nimbus with square taper, moments:D
EDIT: Good luck with your purchase!

lol, so you have the Non ISIS version of the nimbus?

Yup, thats correct!
I havenā€™t had any dramas with it yet!

Hey guys, what about knoxx one and Onza trials uniā€™s ?? there not on UDC but still. Are they any good?

BUmp

I no nothing about Koxx one, apart from that you would be struggling to get one in Ausā€¦ and from what i have seen on here they are a mighty fine uni!
Onzaā€¦ well, all i know about this is to stick away from their Limeyā€¦ the crown of the frame only has plastic caps on it so after a while you will be cutting your leg open, oh and the crown is massive wide too (yep, i know this uni looks cool but dont go there!).
Hope that helped a bit!

Lol, yea a little, Why are knoxx one so difficult to get in?

KH=1000000000000000!

kh i think is worth it.

1. itā€™s not Knoxx, itā€™s Koxxā€¦ for future reference

2. possibly because there are little if any koxx dealers in aus, but I wouldnā€™t know because I donā€™t live there. They come from france.

3. koxxs are good unis if you like to be able to buy lots of different coloured parts with different designs, however the stock unis IMO are not up to the stand ard of the Nimbus and KH. For example, on all four koxx unis Iā€™ve ridden the frames have wobbled side-to-side. This may not affect the strength and I admit they are very strong unis still, but itā€™s not nice riding on a uni that feels really rickety if you know what I mean. Also, their ā€˜ā€˜ISISā€™ā€™ hubs have the own unique format, meaning the only cranks you can change to with that hub have to be koxx ISIS - which a lot of people do not like.

Normally Iā€™d say, KH definatley, Nimbus if youā€™re on a budget.

But due to the massive qu-ax sale on UDC Iā€™d say get the quax