Nimbus ISIS (upgraded) Review

Thats pretty awesome, I wonder what mine weighs with the CF base and Thomson post. I’ve also got the KH cranks though so that adds a little bit of weight to your measurement I suppose.

I’ll bet It’s light! I love your seat/seatpost.

Okay, I’ve verified everything.

Calibration with a 5lb bag of sugar.

Weight of Nimbus Trials ISIS without pedals. (11 lbs).

Weight of Plastic LX pedals (it says 12.75 oz) so closer to 11 lbs 13 oz (or 11.8 lbs, 5.35 kg) for the uni with plastic pedals.

Awesome uni so far!

Great, thanks for the measurements Loch.

So do either of you have videos, cause I’m thinking about getting the nimbus trials isis.

Thanks,
Cody

Get it, you will love it. Brians in my opinion is better than a stock kh and cheaper.

I’ll have some unfinished footage in a few days, just know that this unicycle can take a beating.

Even if you don’t start out with the carbon fiber base make sure you get the KH cranks and ask for a steel seatpost instead of an aluminum. It will still be a very solid uni.

What are the pros and cons of the those suggestions?

The con of those two suggestions is that it will be slightly heavier - not enough to even notice. The pro is that both of the upgraded components are infinitely stronger.

Hey Brian, can you please post some pics of the seat without the cover, I want to see how the kh foam fits. That would be cool.

i’m getting the Nimbus ISIS Trials with Moments ordered tomorrow!! It’s gonna be torture waiting a week for it.

Ask for a steel seatpost instead of the aluminum which comes on it. Go for cromo steel if they have it in stock. It comes with the aluminum post to conserve weight but that post is so weak, you want steel for sure.

Luke, the KH foam does fit but not perfectly, Its a bit too short in the back and the base is wider so you need to tighten down the cover to hold everything together. I ended up just chopping the top of an 04 fusion foam off and putting that on top of the base, though I’m probably going to go back and try and fit a street fusion foam back on.

Heres some photos Scott sent me of the fushion freeride cover and foam fitting on the base:

Here we go, I drew a line about where the side of a KH foam ends on the derail base - it doesn’t reach the bottom. It ends at the bottom of that red line not the top. Good luck getting a SW base too, I’m pretty sure he said I got the last one for a long while.

FOAM-ENDS.jpg

oh well, already ordered. If the post breaks i’ll know what to get. Tuesday or wendsday it should be here. :slight_smile:

Ah cool, well assuming you aren’t doing crankflips right away the post should last you a long while - its just that the excess force downward at the front of the saddle during missed flips for instance pushes that post beyond its breaking point.

im torn between getting this or getting a koxx devil for the reinforced hubb…idk…man right now it looks like its gonna be this…

Totally get da nimbus

Nimbus with KH moment cranks for sure - hands down winner.

QUESTION

I have the nimbus hub and the moment cranks fitted to a KH frame. It was mentioned earlier that no spacers were needed between crank and bearing but I found on mine that I do need a spacer as if you were to tighten the cranks right up (which is nearly impossible to do they are that tight) the crank would catch the frame, I presume it’s perfectly ok to go ahead and put some spacers on as the KH hub and KOXX hubs both have spacers on theirs and the nimbus hub is no different.

I’d assume a properly fitted spacer certainly wouldn’t do any harm as long as the crank made it all the way onto the splines.

you said youve done 6 sets? have u landed badly sideways on em? that broke both my kh rim and my alex dx.