Nimbus ISIS (upgraded) Review

No, I find it easier to land straight and pedal out.

Yeah, landing sideways is just bad form, and will break anything with a big enough drop, or enough speed going into the landing.

Makes it eve worse when you don’t regularly tighten your your spokes.

So instead of keeping the cut '04 foam on the SW saddle I just put on a UDC gel saddle foam which actually fits surprisingly well and is immeasurably more comfortable. I also removed the “Nimbus” stickers and used different decals, the uni looks a lot cooler now.

Are new pictures on the way?

Hello everyone.

I had to upgrade to the KH moment cranks. The stock cranks didn’t last long (all it took was one 3.5 ft drop, I should have known better). Anyway, The KH cranks are much beefier.

So if anyone is curious, the Nimbus trials Isis with KH moment cranks (125mm) and twisted plastic pedals is 12.5 lbs.

Very cool, I wonder how much weight I save with the Scott Wallis CF base and Thomson post. I’ve actually got some 114mm ISIS cranks on mine right now, they are just a shorter version of the qu-ax freestyle that come on stock on the uni. It’s gives riding a totally different feel - I’m giving them a shot to see if my doubleflips snap around any faster though I’ll be sure to not goo to big on them.

i just ordered my own nimbus isis trials uni for christmas. But im waiting until march to get the kh moments for it. How much will the stock cranks that come on it take before they break? im 5foot 8inches and weigh about 9 stone if that makes a difference. Ive done four sets on my 20" learner dodger and the cranks havn’t broken yet so will i be able to do 6sets or maybe more on these cranks?

doesnt everyone? but i mean like failed 360 or 180 attempts etc. i no longer simply jump 6 sets…

ive just orderd 1 and cant wait it should be coming like any day :smiley: :smiley:

Mine just came. It’s beautiful. I need to cut the 400mm post…lol. Hopefully I will be getting some plastic pedals for it…the stocks look and feel deadly sharp. SOO COOLZ! Can’t wait to really tear it up once the seat post is cut…

-Connor

I would most definitely suggest getting plastic pedals. The stock pedals ripped apart the back of my leg several times. Its not fun:p

That’s the price you pay for messing up that badly. A rim, get over it man.

I’ve bent bike cranks on stair sets and didn’t even think twice about it, just kept riding, a rim is much cheaper.

Preference.

For me, I hate to ride on plastics. My pedals are very grippy, and even for street sessions I prefer to have my Kona jackshits, or Tiogas. Right now I have Snaffu pedals on my KH, but will switch them out again, or just extend and edge/sharpen-up the pins.

how much does it cost to powdercoat? does UDC do this before shipping? if so, how much and what colors?

http://www.unicycle.com/images/catalog/hardware/frames/nimbusframes_DCS7198_.jpg
they are the same price as the chromed one

actually their ten dollars more…

42 < 42 ? :roll_eyes:

It’s ten dollars more if you buy the assembled powder coated uni over the non powder coated.

255 < 265 ? :roll_eyes:

PAWNED

:astonished: Your a Dumbass
i was talking about powder coating frames