Nightrider Tire: Is there a proper tread direction?

I tried searching, but if this one has been discussed it’s well-buried. Unlike the TA and Coker tires, the Nightrider has a directional element to its tread pattern. The cross-grooves form big X’s across the tire, but there is also a subtle curvature to the grooves which introduces a directional element. I’m not sure how else to describe it, and it’s not as marked as you see in the illustrations below, but there is still a difference and if you look at it one way the cross-grooves in the Xs appear to “bow up”. So, how have people mounted the tire? Did you mount like Scenario A below, or Scenario B? And either way, did you do it deliberately, noticing the difference in advance, or did you just throw the tire on the rim same as you would a coker or TA, and take it whichever way it ended up?

Scenario A: Front ( ( ( ( Back

or

Scenario B: Front ) ) ) ) Back

Most if not all “directional” tires have an > arrow that indicates the direction of rotation. The pic of the nightrider leads me to think that it is NOT a directional tire; unless it does have that arrow on the sidewall.

Most if not all “directional” tires have an > arrow on the sidewall which indicates the direction of rotation. The pic of the nightrider leads me to believe that it is NOT a directional tire; unless it does have that arrow on the sidewall.

I was told by UDC that it is directional to allow for channeling of water. I’m not sure which way is correct.

My Nightrider follows scenario A; that’s how it came installed on the rim. I haven’t tried it the other way.

Just to make sure, I looked on both sides of the tire and there is no arrow or mark to indicate a ‘proper’ direction.

Josh from UDC told me that you want to have the curves to the back, since the water should be pushed out the back. Not sure if it actually makes a difference though, I highly doubt it would until you’re going very, very fast into the perfect puddle… Hydroplaning on a unicycle!

Yeah, it’s definitely A <<<<<< back.

Before discussing this any further, remove the ambiguity by adding either “as viewed from above” or “as viewed from below.”

I tried mine in both directions today. No difference detected.

As viewed from above, ideally at a height of two to three feet above the top of the tire.