Nightrider Tire Direction?

I found this older thread but it only served to confuse me. To make it easier for myself I took a picture.

Looking down on the uni as if I were sitting on it, the top being the front, and the bottom being the back.

Which direction, 1 or 2? :slight_smile:

Thanks guys!

Hello I`m asking myself the same question - I suggest Nr. 1

Stupid question,is there not arrow on the side wall?

Nope, no arrow :frowning:

I’d be inclined to go with orientation #1.

You might also want to to check and see if there is a difference in the raised lettering on one side vs. the other. Generally speaking, unidirectional tires are meant to have the most prominant lettering/logo/graphics on the rider’s right as the wheel rolls forward.

(I can’t remember if there is a differnence on the Nightrider and I don’t have one nearby to check.)

Same graphics and info molded into both sides! Oh dear

Non-directional.

It’s not the same both directions though. So shouldn’t there be an intended orientation?

I rotate the tire every few hundred miles to get more even wear, but there is really no defined direction for mounting it. The outermost knobs are pointing in one direction, but again it doesn’t really matter which way you mount it. Uni-directional (no pun intended) tires always have an arrow indicating direction.

No, there has to be A Right Way. This is the Internet dammit!

Good enough for me!

I always put in position 1 (as it was delivered)

No arrow , might be bidirectional

Okay, just to help you out I’m arbitrarily defining it as number one. :stuck_out_tongue:

If I had to choose it would be number one as well

Judging by the two pictures as mine is not nearby, it looks like a slight variation from one way to the other. Probably not enough difference to be noticeable when riding.

Dane,

You should have set this up as a poll!

But I like Terry’s answer best: ride it one way for a few hundred then flip it and ride the it other way. Of course if you were Terry that would mean flipping it about once a week! :wink:

There used to be an old saying among homebrewers that went: “Relax. Don’t Worry. Have a homebrew.”

We need a new saying for our forum. May I suggest: “Relax. Don’t Worry. Go for a uni ride.”

-UPD in UT

I didn’t think it would make it to page 2.

I was expecting something more along the lines of “Dummy, it goes ______ direction, duh”

Haha.

Yeah I was looking at this subject and was surprised that there was so much debate and I was starting to question if everyone was serious about it or not. I even rechecked my nightrider tire and it looks pretty much the same going any which way, or at least it would barely make any difference.

That link that you posted, Terry gave the same answer in there, thought that was good enough.

The nightriders belting in the core is designed to be bi-directional. The pattern on the surface is symmetrical enough that makes it makes no difference which way the tyre is fitted.

The preference between the 2 tyre directions you are suggesting is down to your aesthetic choice.

Roger