Nextie 36" carbon rim

Pair those with the Exceed Ti hub :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

How do you pick between 32H and 36H? Are hubs more common with one or the other? I see UDC sells both.

1 Like

36H are most common in unicycling. However, 32H tends to democratize with these new 36" carbon rims.

1 Like

I imagine it won’t take long for 36h 36" carbon rims to overtake 32h 36" carbon rims in popularity if they continue to be half the price, and a more sensible width (as far as I’m concerned).

2 Likes

I agree. I paid more for a less valuable combo (IMHO)

1 Like

Not to mention the hubs will be easier to get hold of as well.

2 Likes

Can you run the night rider as a tubeless setup? Or does it require a inner tube and if so what inner tubes are out for 36” presta

People have done it, but especially with the Nightrider Lite and carbon rims now being being so lightweight, I think the general consensus would probably be that it’s best to use either a stretched 29" tube, a Foss 36" tube, or a lightweight 36" butyl tube.

3 Likes

Just ordered my rim. Matt black with black decal. Nextie currently have a 2-3week wait.
Also ordered my spokes from UDC.

2 Likes

That’s pretty tempting… what’s the latest on sourcing spokes? I see that the ERD of this rim is 740mm - where most our usual rims are around 760mm, so can’t use the old spokes.

1 Like

Nextie to titanium spokes at $6 usd each including the nipple.
I have ordered mine from UDC had to have them cut and threaded though.

1 Like

What hub are you using?

UDC had the spoke size i needed using a Nimbus 100mm steel hub

I’m using a kH spirit hub

1 Like

I looked on UDC and couldn’t see them? Do you have a link?

https://www.unicycle.co.uk/spokes-blank-399mm-14gauge-black.html

I then chose the cut tread option.

1 Like

You could cut and rethread them.

The nightrider tire (both reg and lite versions) is not tubeless ready, nor is any 36er tire that I know of.

If using a nimbus non-disc hub, 36h, 100mm.

1 Like

Oh cool, didn’t realise you were talking about UDC-UK, even better since I’m closer to them than UDC-US.

Terry has a good point, I have longer spokes so I guess I could just shorten them, if I can find a bike-shop with the right equipment. The non-profit bike workshop up the road wanted to get one, but I’m not sure it happened as it’s quite an investment for little use.

1 Like

@pierrox Don’t forget that you have a 36 hole isis hub sitting in my garage. You had mentioned using a disk hub on the 27.5 so you could use this one to build a 36 inch wheel and not disassemble your old wheel. Keep it intact as a back up