Nextie 36" carbon rim

I thought they where the only ones, after searching the net this morning.

I would love berd spokes but it’s just the cost of them that’s putting me off. And then the tools to install them with.
Maybe we should all do a group buy for them

1 Like

I’m ordering mine on Friday. Same as you trying to make up my mind on the finish of it

1 Like

I went with the UD and white outline decals

1 Like

That will look smart. What is the lead time on it roughly

1 Like

I was told 2 - 3 weeks production time before it ships

Good choice - I think that’s the option I’ll eventually go for too.

1 Like

Just ordered a Matte, 3K, 36h with (two side) Glossy Black decals.
Now I “just” need to order everything else and then I have my first 36" unicycle :sunglasses:

Can’t wait…

2 Likes

Is the other stuff you want in stock yet?

Sounds like you’re not holding back on getting the good stuff for your first 36er!

I have emailed Nextie about the spoke situation before I thought about the forum.
They can get aluminium spokes, has anyone heard of these and if so what are they like or am I best of getting stainless steel spokes from UDC

1 Like

Can you even get J-bend spokes in aluminium?

I’d pass on that I think and stick with the normal steel ones.

1 Like

That was my thinking, never heard of aluminium spokes before always been stainless steel.
Stick to what I know I think

1 Like

I’ve heard aluminium spokes discussed in the past, but I think you always need a custom hub to take advantage of them, and potentially also larger holes in the hub to take larger nipples, for the thicker spokes.

Haven’t decided on the parts yet.
I don’t know if a 100mm hub with an internal disc brake will create a strong enough wheel. I only expect to use the Uni for paved roads and gravel paths through the countryside. I weight <80kg.
That is my biggest concern/question … I’m open for opinions. I’m aware that a symmetrical build wheel on a 100mm hub with external disc brake is stronger (like my 27.5") but does it really matter for my intended use?

I’ve seen aluminum spokes in Mavic Ksyriums, but that’s about it. They had corrosion issues where the nipples and the spokes would fuse together to the point that the nipples would crumble when you tried to adjust them.

2 Likes

I would expect a 100mm hub with internal disk to do just fine. Have you seen the riding Cedric has done on his 32" and 36" Qu-Ax unicycles?

5 Likes

Link:

1 Like

I ride a 32h alu qu ax hub. It is strong enough of XC and trail, don’t know if it could stand a real drop, but I cannot make any real drop, so no issue. However I now know that my dream 36er build will be using an external disc and a simmetric wheel. It’s a bit scary how different are the two side spokes’ tension of a 36er inner disc hub

3 Likes

Nextie made a mistake the aluminium spokes are not just aluminium.
There are Titanium alloy.

2 Likes

Oooh, now Ti could be interesting.

Mostly if they’re bling rainbow Ti.

1 Like