Nextie 36" carbon rim

These are live now! https://www.nextie.com/premium-mountain-36-inch-NXT36XU42

5 Likes

That price :open_mouth:

Currently $338 vs the Braus Alchemist’s $730 on UDC.

OK so now who’s going to be the first to try one?

2 Likes

Fingers crossed ordering mine next week.

2 Likes

I have one on order. I went with the 36 hole version

What are you doing about spokes, silly question. My other carbon rims are double butted but due to the length required double butted spokes I can’t seem to find anything over 310mm

1 Like

Straight spokes from UDC is as far as I know still the only option, unless you want to fulfil a minimum order with Berd.

I do wonder whether some of the larger spoke manufacturers would do longer double butted spokes for a reasonable minimum order. Ideally they’d probably be as long as a 36" rim could ever require, then UDC (or others) could cut and roll them shorter to the length required.

3 Likes

UDC is the only source I know of as well

1 Like

And just if some of you haven’t noticed. Nextie is having an anniversary and celebrating with free worldwide shipping the rest of July. Currently I’m debating what finish and decals I want to order :sunglasses:

1 Like

I thought they where the only ones, after searching the net this morning.

I would love berd spokes but it’s just the cost of them that’s putting me off. And then the tools to install them with.
Maybe we should all do a group buy for them

1 Like

I’m ordering mine on Friday. Same as you trying to make up my mind on the finish of it

1 Like

I went with the UD and white outline decals

1 Like

That will look smart. What is the lead time on it roughly

1 Like

I was told 2 - 3 weeks production time before it ships

Good choice - I think that’s the option I’ll eventually go for too.

1 Like

Just ordered a Matte, 3K, 36h with (two side) Glossy Black decals.
Now I “just” need to order everything else and then I have my first 36" unicycle :sunglasses:

Can’t wait…

2 Likes

Is the other stuff you want in stock yet?

Sounds like you’re not holding back on getting the good stuff for your first 36er!

I have emailed Nextie about the spoke situation before I thought about the forum.
They can get aluminium spokes, has anyone heard of these and if so what are they like or am I best of getting stainless steel spokes from UDC

1 Like

Can you even get J-bend spokes in aluminium?

I’d pass on that I think and stick with the normal steel ones.

1 Like

That was my thinking, never heard of aluminium spokes before always been stainless steel.
Stick to what I know I think

1 Like