Newsgroup statistics for 2003

The new stats page for 2003 is up!

• Wonder who was the number 1 poster to rec.sport.unicycling in 2003?
  • Want to see whether the newsgroup has again become busier over the
    year?
  • How has the percentage of posts from the forum developed since their
    incarnation in March 2001?
  • And, if you’re in the top-100 posters, find out about your own
    posting behaviour.

All this and more to be found at
<www.xs4all.nl/~klaasbil/rsu2003.htm>.

Useless but fun!

Klaas Bil
Klaas Bil - Newsgroup Addict

You have to keep in mind that those of us who post on RSU are not normal. - John Childs

Ha! I beat Andrew Carter. :slight_smile:

Oh no!

Looking at that, because of my new ex-studenty-type status, next year I won’t have a pretty line to call my own on next year’s Top 10 graph. Eeeek!

Excellent stuff, Klaas!

Phil

Wow, thanks again Klaas! I’m glad you didn’t add the Just Conversation bits and pieces. I wonder what I was asking so many annoying questions about in March. :slight_smile: That was a close one John! You’re a lot more valuable though…most of your posts are answers to other people’s questions.

It’s interesting to see where in the year I tried to sort out my priorities and do more actual unicycling. That’s one of my new years resolutions.

You’re the best Klaas!

Andrew

Great stuff!

Any record of how many people post via both Newsgroup and Forums? If you consider both Nathan Hoover & nathan he has 266 posts and would be #36.

Beautiful job, Klaas! It’s nice to see I got my 2% in. :smiley:

Andrew I think you were just superenthusiastic early in the year about everything that came along. After a while that tires you out!

This year the top posters seem more evenly spread than last year, if my memory serves me (it usually doesn’t!).

I find this really interesting…

We go out and unicycle on the weekends and then talk about our experiences on the monday. It’s good to see we generally have our priorities right. :slight_smile: And by thursday and friday we’re all bogged down with work until the weekend.

Andrew

Thanks for another thorough job, Klaas. I’m slimming down. I need to buy new posting pants.

You can still where the same pants Greg, you just need to do some padding.:smiley:

I didn’t even come close to the top100 this year.

I guess that what I get for having a job.

-mg

Yes, 25th place! My goal this year is to be in the top, say, 15 or 20. :stuck_out_tongue:
That must have been some hard work. Good job, Klaas!

well jeez i guess ill have to post 50 times every day just to get number 1. then i could be both the most annoying AND most frequent poster! yay!!

I think I went from 84h to 18th. Woohoo! Yeah Me!

I just must say that I love this forum and I wouldn’t be where I am with out you all.

now to triple my posts so I can catch jc and jag :smiley:

Daniel

Re: Newsgroup statistics for 2003

On Thu, 8 Jan 2004 20:00:59 -0600, James_Potter
<James_Potter@NoEmail.Message.Poster.at.Unicyclist.com> wrote:
>Yes, 25th place! My goal this year is to be in the top, say, 15 or 20.
Should be easy. Counting only 1 July - 31 December you were at place
12 so you just continue like now.
+++++++
On Thu, 8 Jan 2004 17:23:29 -0600, UniBrier
<UniBrier@NoEmail.Message.Poster.at.Unicyclist.com> wrote:
>Any record of how many people post via both Newsgroup and Forums? If you
>consider both Nathan Hoover & nathan he has 266 posts and would be #36.
No real record of that. It is in the raw data but difficult to get
out. I myself post in various ways: Newsgroup, Forum (both from home
and work), occasionally from Google Groups, but all under the same
user name. That should explain my 5th place :slight_smile:
+++++++
On Thu, 8 Jan 2004 17:37:04 -0600, U-Turn
<U-Turn@NoEmail.Message.Poster.at.Unicyclist.com> wrote:
>This year the top posters seem more evenly spread than last year, if my
>memory serves me (it usually doesn’t!).
Because of your bad memory, I included a link to previous years at the
top of the stats page. But in fact there was MORE spread in 2002.
+++++++
On Thu, 8 Jan 2004 18:01:35 -0600, harper
<harper@NoEmail.Message.Poster.at.Unicyclist.com> wrote:
>Thanks for another thorough job, Klaas. I’m slimming down. I need to buy
>new posting pants.
Maybe you can team up with Phil (and possibly Mikefule) and negotiate
a discount?
+++++++
On Thu, 8 Jan 2004 19:57:46 -0600, mgrant
<mgrant@NoEmail.Message.Poster.at.Unicyclist.com> wrote:
>I didn’t even come close to the top100 this year.
FYI, you were at place 298 (17 posts).
+++++++

Klaas Bil - Newsgroup Addict

You have to keep in mind that those of us who post on RSU are not normal. - John Childs

Seeing myself on the the same list with so many luminaries makes me immediately regret the time I spent in Most Replies. Yes, I padded—but I never STUFFED. :stuck_out_tongue:

For penance, I’m going to go hit Most Views a few thousand times and not say a word. Quiet as a little nursie mouse…

would the stuff in most replies, or Just Conversation for that matter, be counted since it can not be accessed by the news group Klaas got the numbers from? because i have over 200 posts but most of them are in JC and i am not on the list.

Most replies 2 was the one that got stuffed and well deserved to be locked. The original MR has turned out to be good convo and less random comments about nothing. There seems to be less stress on getting the most replies out of it; now it is just a good place to have random conversation about topics that don’t deserve their own thread. There is way less padding going on there than you think; it’s now conversation for the sake of conversation, not for the sake of high postcounts. Yes, I am defending the MR thread. That’s all I’ve got for it though.:slight_smile:
In my opinion, the people with the high postcounts should spend more time out on their uni and less time in here.:wink:

You presume that they are sacrificing one for another… some of us max our time on the uni, then come in here for even more punishment… :wink:

I just went back to MR. It’s looking like useless conversation at the moment. So disregard my last post until further notice.

If I don’t go inactive for a month here and there, I think I’ll probably move up in the rankings this year. Of course, I will be getting a job and possibly a wife this year, so who knows what will happen…