Newsgroup statistics for 2003

Forget_Your_Life

Zero postings for me in JUNE and JULY. That can be directly attributed to kayaking season. :smiley: Zero for NOVEMBER & DECEMBER. That can be attributed to a new job. :frowning:

I’ll be better this year, except maybe during kayaking season. At least I made it into the too 100. This year I’m shooting high, say, the top 50.

Laters,

Ed

Hi.

Just working on making shorter posts.

I actually though I’d cut down this year, but at the same time we went through lots of non-busy times at work. I wish I could ride while I’m “working…”

Articles are in general functionless. Eliminate them first. Then remove all adjectives and adverbs. They’re just window dressing anyway. Only fancy-pants writer really need prepositions. You can do without. Finally, start omitting vowels from your remaining words.

This is a noble undertaking, John. We’re here to support you.

Just post a picture. There is no need for fancy words and poetic prose when you have a photo. :slight_smile:

Not only not a clown, but also clearly not one who is not one who is not one who is not unobservant…

Exactly! Once when I was pretending to be a student at the University of Snowbird, I took a poetry class with Mark Strand. The first assignment he gave us was to write a poem of at least 50 words using no adjectives or adverbs. An agonizing assignment! How could we write a pretty poem without those tempting adjectives? Without adverbs, would we vainly scribble for many painful hours in our lonely writer’s garret, only to realize we were slowly running nowhere in a lonely struggle against the parching wind? I knew not. Don Knott.

Re: Newsgroup statistics for 2003

On Fri, 9 Jan 2004 01:49:16 -0600, HandyAndy
<HandyAndy@NoEmail.Message.Poster.at.Unicyclist.com> wrote:

>would the stuff in most replies, or Just Conversation for that matter,
>be counted since it can not be accessed by the news group Klaas got the
>numbers from? because i have over 200 posts but most of them are in JC
>and i am not on the list.

Yes, the post count only refers to the newsgroup RSU (which should
mirror the forum RSU). Just Conversation is not mirrored in any
newsgroup but there is no technical reason it couldn’t. But RSU is the
more ‘serious’ thing so I like it the way it is.

HandyAndy, you had 17 posts in RSU in 2003 placing you at around the
300th position.

Klaas Bil - Newsgroup Addict

You have to keep in mind that those of us who post on RSU are not normal. - John Childs

Brevity.

Nice charts Klaas. I’ve not been around for too long but still my ranking was quite high (23). I post too much. I’ll have to concentrate on writing longer posts. Starting now… blah blah blah blah… Okay. Maybe I won’t do it. But really, thanks for a lot of almost useless, but still nice to know, information.

wow amazing :slight_smile: I like John Foss’s 50000 odd characters :slight_smile:

Trev

Well, dang. I’ve been waiting for the stats, and I see I didn’t make the All Stars this year. Not even close.

I think I’ll blame it on my job, rather than the possibility that I have nothing useful or clever to say. I hope that works.

Thanks for the stats, Klaas. Nice job, as usual.

Carol
Minor Leagues
Minnesota

[B]

[/B] congratulations Jagur you win absolutly,…Nothing!

Jagur, I hate to point this out to you, but you’re talking to yourself… again.

On Sat, 10 Jan 2004 08:33:20 -0600, Carol McLean
<Carol.McLean@NoEmail.Message.Poster.at.Unicyclist.com> wrote:

>Well, dang. I’ve been waiting for the stats, and I see I didn’t make
>the All Stars this year. Not even close.

Not too far out either at place 128. With just 22 posts more you’d
have made it to the 2003 Hall of Fame. Your name appears on the page
anyway.

You have to keep in mind that those of us who post on RSU are not normal. - John Childs

On Sat, 10 Jan 2004 12:39:09 -0600, forget_your_life
<forget_your_life@NoEmail.Message.Poster.at.Unicyclist.com> wrote:

>> #1 jagur 1390 posts
>
>
congratulations Jagur you win absolutly,…Nothing!
>
>
>–
>forget_your_life - a.k.a. jagur

Jag is maybe trying to occupy places 1 AND 2 next year?

Re: Re: Newsgroup statistics for 2003

have to try…?.

Im in 98th place

What happened to me this year?

You stopped posting? :roll_eyes:

I cant help but notice how my ‘lucky number’ comes up again, good ol’ 13. Just like my NAUCC competer number. (yeah, so im slow, quiet).