New products and activities (unicycle dealers, unicycle manufacturers)

Yes please for the hub.

The weight is sensational. With this I could easily realize my Fatty under 5kg.

1 Like

Once it goes into production and you have the ability to supply dealers at a price that gives them a margin let me know. I would be interested in a disc hub.

2 Likes

Where will they be produced?
I may be interested in a disc hub and a frame. I’d also be curious to see a titanium saddle base. Of course, this would depend on the final price - in particular, import duties.

1 Like

They are produced in China.

Edit: I have to clarify that we made the saddle base for our own fun, it’s not planned for sale.
Edit 2: Removed the image to prevent further misconception.

3 Likes

That’s the S base, right? Any plan to make M and/or L bases? :slight_smile:
BTW, I’m quite interested in the Handle Saddle base/ISM Saddle assembly. Having a nice titanium base may be a great improvement there! Any plan to develop an easy-to-go titanium base for that usage? :smiley:

What’s the weight of those bases?

Yes, it’s for 20" unis, weighs at about 300g. Making larger variants is possible, but I guess there isn’t much demand.

We don’t have many plans yet. It’s possible to make a lot of things in titanium, but they are concepts to be proven (even if they’ve been done in other materials before) and still a long way to go to be called a product. In the meantime let’s see if we can make those hubs fly!

1 Like

Sure! Sorry, I’m always a bit thrilled when there are new products around :grin:
Good luck for your hubs. I hope the best for you!

2 Likes

Thats a great weight. It’s nearly half the weigth of the ligthweight Q-Axle 32h disc hub. If it offers the same strengt, it’s a really great product.
This design looks like it would not allow fpr a disc version without gaining a lot of weight.

1 Like

Are you sure? It looks like the 318g announced by Qu-ax are including the bearings and spacers.

• (w bearings, screws, spacers): incredible 318 g

As the bearings seem to weigh ~60g each, that makes the hub ~200g. A bit more than this new Ti hub, but not twice the weight.

I would also be interested if there was a 100mm disc version in the future.
I believe there are no options on the market right now for non-steel isis disc hubs in 100mm bearing widths.

In the past, I have only seen some non-disc titanium/aluminum hubs and aluminum disc 125mm hubs https://www.unicycle.com/nimbus-36h-disc-aluminum-hub-125mm/

I think the muni and road unicycle market needs this :grinning:

1 Like

The Mad4One Ergal Hub weights around 315g total incl. Bearings and Screws

They are not really ready to compare. The Q-Axle hub is indeed only a little bit heavier than ours as @Maxence has pointed out, which is respectable since it’s aluminum vs titanium; but it made a lot of compromises to achieve that weight. Aluminum is already not a strong material for hubs, it was made even worse by hollowing the axle out, so its strength won’t be on the same order of magnitude with our (solid) titanium product. In fact, the official page says:

for long distance and light muni (no drops, jumps, Trial)

While our product is actually tested in years of abuse of urban and trial unicyclists.

Disc version is doable, it wouldn’t add much weight, but will be more expensive. In the meantime we’d like to focus on the discless version, since the urban/trials unicyclists are who needed this hub most and would benefit from it most. In the future we’ll see what we can do for the muni community (to which I belong, too!).

3 Likes

The center of an axle only adds little to nothing to its strength. A bigger outer diameter (what quax did) with a hollow center can be stronger than a slimmer full axle.

When you have two axlel with the same outer diameter, one is solid an on is hollow and the inder idameter is 1/2 of the outer diameter then the hollow shaft has 25% less weight but only has only 6.25% less strength. Q-Axle uses a bigger outer diameter than ISIS (24mm vs 22mm) which then also allows for a bigger inner diameter without loosing strength.

5 Likes

Thanks for clarifying that. It doesn’t change the point though - it’s for mild use only.

not interested because it’s made in china and the the saddle base is a copy of mad4one…

1 Like

btw is the urslibar not part of the copy of a mad4one handle saddle?

1 Like

Gotta clarify this: we made the handle saddle for our own fun, it’s not planned for sale.

The Ursli Bar was first, if i remember it right.

1 Like

This post, to me, implied some kind of partnership between turtle and mad4One, or at least some kind of anti-compete arrangement.

Whatever the case, I love my Ursli bar! :+1:

1 Like