New Coker, Final Pics and everything!!!

yup, it’s the same frame ans stuff with extra spokes so it still weighs about 16 pounds (or so jerrick says, I haven’t actually looked at the weight)

Just like them nimbus then huh?.. :roll_eyes:

cough wanna be hunter cough cough

basically… haha, I dunno how much the double fork on the Nimbus affects flex either, but the cool factor, or the cosmetic factor sure is cool, if I ever had the cash to blow on a new coker frame(or actually felt like I needed a new one) I’d probably buy the new V2 frame just for the looks…

I agree on the boon part, but I don’t remember the Coker guys actually mentioning a larger wheel, it may have just been me. I was trying to talk them into doing a 42" skinny wheel. The two pictures definitely look like the same size, 36" wheel.

It definitely should. But if it’s steel, it’ll weigh considerably more. Looks like if you don’t like the squid design you won’t have to have one, so no worries. Here’s the thing with flex though. Some of it happens in the frame, but a lot also happens at the bearing/axle/frame interface. Changing the frame design may or may not help there, so the question is how much extra weight is it worth? Probably depends on how much performance you want from your Coker. Some will want to go fast, while others will be more interested in the bling.

Yes, the new photo shows a one-leg aluminum frame. The original frames were not aluminum. Very cool.

It also mentions “Coker ribbed XLR tire,” whatever that means. The picture shows one with the standard tread. BTW, that tread is a common Coker tread. You can see it on old cars in car museums & such.

16 lbs sounds nice. Anybody know how much the original Cokers weighed?

No, the old frame was steel.

Edit: John beat me to it.

Umm…the Coker guy mentioned the possibility of a larger size in this post, near the end.

If the new frame could fit a skinny hub I would be all over it.

HAH wow just after this was posted I got an email from coker.

Like white on rice?

like stink on poo

I meant to say same design… I should have been a bit more clear…

Like monkey poop to a wall.

After seeing the aluminum framed Coker, I am sooooo close, now to unloading my 29er. It just sits collecting dust in the garage.

Lookin better!!

Well, Coker is still almost ready, but I have to admit that they put some nice wheels on the table. They’ve added style with the V2 frame and the aluminum frame ‘Big one’ is a sweet ‘diet Coker’ surprise. Coker has been really ambitious with their branded parts, and new models, they seem determine to take back the big wheel market.

Doesnt the squid frame say its amde with aluminum too?

Anyways, I have an original Big One coker, so ill add it. I do have some super light Tioga pedals, so mine may be a few grams lighter.

Nope…CrMo.

I thought 16 lbs sounded light

So I just weighed my R36. Steel rim, cheap spokes, air seat, a few oz. of leds,alum sugino cranks,330gr. pedals. Came to only 18 lbs.

I found out that we can order them through our local LBS, but not for another month. You ask why is that important? Well, I have over $300 in gift cards for Sport Chalet in CA. They have a bike shop inside…

I am gonna blow those cards on a new Coker through Sport Chalet.

Cheers.

Now which one to buy?? :thinking: I noticed they did not include the weight on the V2. Also, I am going to try to buy mine through Jamey(Unicycle6869, Level 10 hell yeah!) Since he is just setting up shop, we should support him.

I like the new Aluminum Coker BigOne. Nice and light and reasonably priced at $440. I’m wondering what kind of handlebar is in the works, and my wish list would include double-drilled cranks like the new KH29, and a decent seat, assuming this one is non-grooved.

Well, I guess you win Jim! I’m going for the alum frame version! I’m just to tired of switching cranks, removing the T7, refitting the brake, readjusting the PSI, lowering the saddle and all that, everytime I want to do Coker MUni! So now I’ll have my new Coker for Muni and my Radial deluxe for street/distance! Btw, if Coker hadn’t introduced the latest alum frame option, I would not have gone for that Squid frame…yuk!:smiley: