New Coker, Final Pics and everything!!!

Correction: I’m skpetical of the $339 price.

I’m curious as to how an extra 12 spokes gets everyone’s panties in a bunch. The added weight is, what, about 100g? Being that they shaved about 600g off the original Coker rim, you’re still left with a lighter wheelset.

Even better, the “extra” 100g is located closer to the center of the wheel, where mass makes less of a difference in the inertia of the wheel.

So… what gives?

It’s unnecessary and reduces compatibility with other parts.

Sounds like we’re equally impressed with this coker…:stuck_out_tongue:

coker and qu-ax wheelsets will likely have interchangeable parts now as theyre both 48 spoke cycles. I still fail to see what the frame design is going to do for you here. The nimbus/hunter style V frame had its advantages because of the angle of the forks and the smaller tubing size. This doesn’t do that and seems like it may be unstable and also heavier than your average oceanliner.

Here’s the deal lads.

If you didn’t post here, please feel free to hold off on the crit, k?

This company went out there and put the highest spec, off the shelf, big-wheel uni on the market and all you guys can do is nitpick and complain?

I’m not suggesting that you ‘have’ to like it, but please bear in mind that these people came to ‘us’ to ask for our input while they were developing this uni. This machine, while it may not be every long-distance rider’s wet-dream, is likely to do more for the sport of distance unicycling than anything else to hit the market in the past 20 years.

And the only other thing to hit this market in the past twenty years and have an appreciable impact was the 36" pneumatic tyre, made by…?
Yeah.

A little respect goes a long way.

I also don’t quite understand how you can complain about the frame ‘adding weight’.
Is it the ‘Hunter frame’ that people have been singing folk-songs about?
And that also involves four pillars reaching from the seat-post down to the bearing housing?
Just in a slightly different configuration?
Odd that…

There is also mention of a new ribbed tyre, for more pleasure, obviously, so we can hold off on crit about the tyre for the time being.

All together now…"We Love You Coker Tyre Company, We Do…

Mouse and I weren’t members of the forum when that thread was posted. Bear in mind, my criticism is of that unicycle, not the Coker company. Maybe calm down a bit? Everyone gets to have an opinion…

Please remind me that you are also on the “Beer List”.

Weren’t members?
Pardon me while I cry you a river…

And I’m not begrudging you that opinion.
I am however DEMANDING that you have that opinion with reference to the history and the development of unicycling.

If you need some background, just hit that SEARCH button.

Weren’t members?
Pardon me while I cry you a river…

And I’m not begrudging you that opinion.
I am however DEMANDING that you have that opinion with reference to the history and the development of unicycling.

If you need some background, just hit that SEARCH button.

I made not a single hard and fast comment about people’s reactions.

I “suggested”, “feel free”, “please bear in mind”, “is likely to be” and “didn’t quite understand”, my way thru that post.

If that isn’t circumspectly enough for your 19-year old wisdom, may I respectfully request that you fvck right off?

Just thought I’d ask.

I’m OK with extra weight when there’s a real benefit, but there isn’t really one here. Also, extra spokes add extra cost. If you were to buy spokes at retail to build your own wheel, this would be an extra $24.

I’ve never heard of an alloy 36" rim tacoing, especially not with a wide hub.

Are you going to start another “weight weenie” thread? :stuck_out_tongue:

PS. While I’m nitpicking the details of this cycle, overall I like it a bunch. I won’t buy one since I already have a couple custom cycles that are better. Still, provided they’re competitive on price, I’d have no problem recommending the new coker.

Nicely said Gild! I look at the new Coker and positively drool and I have never ridden a 36" I will be first in line for this uni when it comes out. And I’ll bet anyone Terry will buy one!! (Except Terry, he wouldn’t just to win the bet:p )

May I introduce you to Brian McKenzie?

Make a plan.
It is absolutely WOW!

GILD, I’m not sure what in my posts provoked that tantrum you just threw, but trust me, I know all about the history of unicycling, Coker’s role, and using the search button. I guess offering a light-hearted version of my opinion on the new coker was enough to provoke your 5-year-old wisdom. But please GILD, this thread is not for bickering, so if you could get back to talking about the new coker in this thread (if you’re going to post), I can stop defending things that I’ve said that aren’t at all out of line. “K”? On that note, I’m dropping the subject no matter what else happens.

Sorry mate, I meant no harm but can see how you could read a tantrum into my post.

Peace?

And miles and miles of Cokering?

And at least I never told you to ‘CALM DOWN’.

Is this really this place for these kind of posts?

Haha no way! I’d also be in that line with you if I had been afflicted with the “drool syndrome”:stuck_out_tongue: I’m just really happy with my radial 36 as it brings me more joy and happiness than any woman ever has! :wink: And you don’t have to take it out for dinner, dancing, movie and drinks afterwards! :roll_eyes:

A superwide hub is nice for off-road cokering, but I wonder how wide “superwide” is. Anyone knows? The 3" we saw earlier probably indeed refers to flange diameter as someone surmised. A superwide hub might be on the wide side for touring.

:thinking: That last part made me scratch my head…oh no wait, actually it was just an itch! I would think that the superwide hub (sold as standard equipment on the radial and nimbus deluxe) is certainly meant for road/touring applications first & foremost.

That’s what I have on my radial deluxe and it’s awesome; stable, no wobble, fast and smooth and yes, super strong as well for offroad coker-muni.

Quote from Terry:"I’m just really happy with my radial 36 as it brings me more joy and happiness than any woman ever has! :wink: "
Wow! Have you ever been dating the wrong women!!