never sucked this bad...at a talent show.

My point entirely. Tommy Cooper was a highly skilled and enthusiastic stage magician. What made him a superstar was a combination of pretending he was a klutz, and then surprising the audience with a real trick. Performance over technical content. He entertained; he didn’t just demonstrate his skill.

aha… no wonder why people in the park hold their breathe when I am trying to freemount my 29. After two tries followed by a successful mount, there is a joined sigh and exclamation of “that must be so hard”.

After a single attempt and I’m on my way, I might hear, “oh, so that’s how she gets up.”

Good to know in case I want to entertain someone. :wink:

This is EXACTLY it! Perfect example…

Therefor he’s in the current theme/skin of http://www.unicyclist.org/
He had the same outstanding comedy talent like for example Louis de Funès showed in his movies; his jokes on itself weren’t that funny, but the way he did them absolutely was.

lol yah guys. all this is good stuff. even 4 days later ppl are still talking about it. its probably just cause everyone in the school wanted me to win. but we had fun and ill never forget that. :smiley:

I wish my school had a talent show… even if we did I probably wouldn’t be allowed to unicycle. there would be “too many chances for a lawsuit” weird thing is, none of the staff cared when i rode my 6ft tall giraffe unicycle in the school cafeteria but I almost got detention for just sitting on my trials unicycle in the cafeteria…

So did you suck or not? From your description sounds like you did pretty good!

A little rule I’ve picked up over the years:
Really hard skills in variety shows never seem to stack up very well against mediocre (or better) singing acts.

Sucks, but seems to be true in most shows. Beyond that though, what Mikefule said is extremely important. If you don’t have an act, they’re probably not going to be very impressed. That is, if you just do a bunch of tricks and don’t connect, have any build, have an ending, etc., it won’t impress nearly as much.

What sucks is not having the rules communicated to you beforehand. But not knowing a rule doesn’t change a rule. The school has to worry about liability, so they probably feel it’s important to be strict. Who knows, you might have won otherwise, and they switched it up to make sure “de-staging” wasn’t seen as acceptable based on a winning performance. No matter. What doesn’t defeat you makes you a better performer for next time!