Need more ideas: Attatching BC plate to axle.

No, see, you missed his point, when you’re flying down the hill at 20 mph, you’ll be safe, cuz you’ll have grip tape attached to your “ankle”. :smiley:

haha

can you explain this a little better? I think i have an idea but im not really sure.

might be a lot of work, but what about a splined approach?

A notch, like the notches at the top of unicycle frames, that allow for the neck to clamp down onto the post.

Thats a good idea! I was thinking of somthing similar, like a couple notches and a hose clamp, but i dont think that would be strong enough, If you used your idea and a seatpost clamp i think you would ahve a pretty strong setup

Well, 2 options with the notch idea… Using a clamp of some sort, So far i have been planing on using a shaft colar. Or use the thru bolt idea, and notched tube will clamp onto the axle.

What looks cool?

Its a standard DH front hub. This one happens to be an atomlab hub. Dh forks use pinch bolts to attatch to the axle.

how soon can you test it out? and is it easy to get more tubing to try different methods of attachment?

Well, that peice of tubing, is welded directly to my plate. The plates take alot of time to make, and alot of metal. So its not really possible to test each way out.

I think i might weld a couple peice of tubing to some long tubes for leverage, and try out each way off attatching. Il tighten it down, and try to twist it.

Thats a good idea, it would suck to notch the tubes and then want to drill them and loose some stregnth…

[QUOTE=Evan Byrne]
What looks cool?QUOTE]

Tha animation thing and the idea of a icture thinking about it puts in my head

[quote=“Ricky W”]

Well, its an atomlab hub, And a peice of aluminum tubing for the axle.

I’m not sure what the current notching idea is, but you could have a little ridge on the axel that lined up with a little groove in the plates, sort of like a spline I guess.

Well the how would i remove the axle from the hub? Normaly it just slides out.

If you used the groove with the pinchbolt.

Again, how do i fit a axle this shape:

Into a hole this shape:

Get a piece of tubing that fixs exactly inside the axle and put the lump thing on the smaller one, then cut the notch in the actual axle so the skinnier one slides in the axle and it will be the same shape, but removable.

But then i need to machine a sleve to replace the original peice of tubing, to fit that spline. Not to mention making a machined sleeve to fit the spline, but also with a pinch bolt.

make it like a cheap hub
idk if it will work for sure, but what if you got say, a bike hub (square taper) and cut the ends off of the cranks, and use that, but weld your tubes onto the crank ends

idk if that would fit through your hub tho