Need help with assembling a QU-AX QX

Hey!

I recently bought a QU-AX QX (my first own unicycle) and I am a little embarrassed to say this, but I cannot figure out how to assemble it. I have looked in the manual and all over the Internet to no avail. There’s a YouTube video that shows how to assemble a QU-AX, but it’s a different model and it doesn’t seem to work the same way on the QX.

Basically, what I can’t figure out is how to attach bearing holders to the the fork. It seems to me that the screws are too short. And on the video I saw the bearing holders had grooves in them that prevented the screw from spinning, but there are no such grooves on mine. I also have no idea what tools I need.

So if anyone can help me out here that would be greatly appreciated!

How do you know the screws are too short? Does the screws have weird “paint” on them? That is probably threadlock. When I was fixing my nimbus trials, they sort of “jammed” up the screwing process. If your screw stops turning after a few smooth rotations, but the bearing holders are still loose, give it a good turn.

P1180263.jpg

Take pictures.

Sorry for the delay and thank you for the answers. I realize my questions wasn’t very clearly stated. Unfortunately I don’t have a camera, so please excuse the crappy Paint illustrations I made:

1. Bearing clamp viewed from the side
  2. Bearing clamp viewed from the above
  3. The bolt viewed from the side
  4. The bold viewed form above
  5. The nut viewed from above

(This isi one side of the bottom part of the frame. The frame is connected with the nuts to the bearing clamp.)

Imagine that the second illustration here was mounted on to the bearing of the wheel. This is what it looks like. The bolts are too loose, and I cannot tighten them any more because the nut has a rubber part which prevents it from tightening any more.

As you can see I don’t know what I’m doing and I hope someone can help me out because I just wanna ride this unicycle right now :frowning:

Thats probabbly a nylock nut, designed to keep the bolt from working loose. Just put a spanner on it and keep tightening the bolt until it is tight but the bearing can still spin freely.

Ahhhh I get it now! Cheers mate!

Go ride:D