NAUCC 2010 Discussion thread.

Moi aussi, J’aime Montreal. Je desire NAUCC a Montreal.

As an English Canadian uniphone, unilingual, unicycling trickunicyclist, I also vote for Montreal.

They also have the second best hockey team in the world… After the 1967 Leafs. :o

Thanks John, as a part of last year’s organizing team I know how many variables there are and sympathize with you. In my line of work, when I take vacation, I have to line up someone to cover for me, so the sooner I can know, the better. But Berkeley sounds like fun.

What is Montréal’s motivation to host NAUCC? In other words, who would they work with locally? To make a bid for hosting, someone would have to contact the USA with a proposal (bid) to host. No need to wait for next summer either, the earlier the better! Ultimately we’d like to have hosts lined up for the next three years at least.

Hi John,

I’m Benoit, co-fonder and administrator of Monotreal, the unicycle community and non-profit organization in Montreal.

Our motivation to host NAUCC in 2011 is getting bigger each week and we already took contact with the USA to get more information and let them know that we would start working on a proposal quickly. (I think that there is 2 other cities that did the same, don’t ask me which, I don’t know).

We should get working on that proposal this winter just after Unicon (I am personally in touch with the organizer board and am going there to learn some useful tips in unicycle events over there…should be interesting !).

As for the huge amount of volunteer this is going to need, once the venues are clearly chosen and our proposal accepted by USA, we’ll put a nice bilingual web site for the event and put all the details, but yes, we’ll definitely need local people with experience in unicycling.

But let’s not get to quick here, there’s still a lot of things to be done.

Cheers.

test ?

Berkeley would be a great place to have NAUCC next summer! 2 gyms, AND a track! Plus that really nice courtyard with all the stairs and stuff. Plus it’d be easy for me to get to :stuck_out_tongue:

I am soo ready for it to be closer to me

test !!?!

Why can’t I write anything here ?!

See precedant post pls.

Sorry for the double !

B.

Yes, bump!

I’m really thinking of going. It would be a really nice experience. I already got 125$ aside just for that, I’ll continue saving.

NAUCC’s twitter hasn’t been updated since october 13th, is there any official dates yet?

We have a meeting tonight to get things rolling (everyone was distracted by UNICON), but the dates are pretty much set: July 10-17, with the main gym located in Berkeley, CA. There will be events in and around Berkeley, and also in San Francisco and Marin County. We will soon have a web site to publicize, and we want to get registrations and a preliminary schedule up as early as we can.

The local organizers are folks like me, Nathan Hoover, and Jim Sowers; we are going to ensure that a lot more activities happen outdoors than is usually the case for NAUCC. We also want to provide more focus on fun, non-competitive activities, like MUni rides and big wheel rides in the beautiful Bay Area–the “convention” part of the NAUCC acronym.

More details to follow.

I’m thinking I’ll be making it this year. I was really disappointed to have missed the previous one, I had an absolutely amazing time in 08.

I can’t wait. :]

Im definitly gonna be there. It sounds like an awesome time and I really cant wait. It is getting closer every day.

so this is going to be near/at UC berkeley?

I’m coming :slight_smile:

jarrrrrrriiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiinnnnnnn.

michaeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeel.

My mom is difficult and doesnt want me to go to nationals this year. :confused:

Yes. The gym and track are planned to be at Berkeley High, just a couple blocks from the UC Berkeley campus. There may be a fun event on the campus itself. The MUni and road events will be various places around the bay.

I will be attending NAUCC '10 :sunglasses:

I’m saving up my money. I’m 85% sure I’m coming

I’ll be coming all the way from Australia! Think I might get the longest travelled award…