Nationals 2003?

Anyone know when and where the Nationals will be held next year?

And also, is there a MUni weekend planned in Calif. in July or Aug 2003?

thanks, just planning ahead…LOL

Erin

Re: Nationals 2003?

The NAUCC will be in Minnesota and we are looking at the end of July. The actual dates depend on what dates are open at the facilities that it’s held at, and this has not been decided yet.

Re: Nationals 2003?

If there’s a Muni weekend in Calif next year it won’t be until Sept or Oct.

—Nathan

“Erin” <Erin.e4duz@timelimit.unicyclist.com> wrote in message
news:Erin.e4duz@timelimit.unicyclist.com
>
> Anyone know when and where the Nationals will be held next year?
>
> And also, is there a MUni weekend planned in Calif. in July or Aug
> 2003?
>
> thanks, just planning ahead…LOL
>
> Erin

There wouldnt be one next year? or have you just not started planning yet?

P.s. Thanks for the Shirt, looks great!

I assume you mean MUni Weekend, as you’re kind of local to the 2003 NAUCC.

At the moment it’s looking like we will make the California Mountain Unicycle Weekend an annual thing. This means that whatever other MUni Weekends are going on, we will try to do one here as well.

Dylan Wallinger was talking about a MUni Weekend up on Vancouver Island, but I think he is shooting for Spring, so there won’t be any date conflicts there. It remains to be seen if we want to try to focus on one “big” MUni Weekend per year, in various places. For example if there were a major MUni Weekend planned for late September in Colorado, we would either make sure the CA MUni Weekend didn’t conflict with it, or else hold a smaller one.

While we’re on the subject, it looks like there’s a lot of interest in the Moab MUni Fest for March 28-30 next year. That could turn out to be a big one for '03.

Meanwhile, my tentative plan for California is a weekend consisting of these three rides/locations/days:

Fri: TBA - possibly Stevens Trail or South Yuba at Edwards Crossing
Sat: Good old Auburn the place where it all began. Same basic schedule ast the first 3 MUni Weekends
Sun: Downieville Downhill. We’ll need an alternate ride/activity for people who don’t want to ride 17 miles on the third day. or we may be able to shorten that with a shuttle.

Read about these rides on the Trail Page:
http://www.unicycling.com/brett/trail_list.shtml