KH frame 24"
KH seatpost
nimbus gel seat
Duro 24"
DH tube
tryall rim 24"
Koxx hub and 160mm cranks
pedals

I’m going to do a search and see if I can come up with some pedals that I like.

What pedals does everyone like for MUni other than snafus and jimmy c’s?

I like my Kona Jacks… Theyre nice and strong and pretty light…My non sealed ones cost me $30 CAD and the sealed ones were $60 CAD. I recomend the sealed ones…They have a better feel and should last longer aswell.

Link

P.S. That link says that the pedals are $40 and $80 CAD but i only paid $30 and $60 for mine.

Those look really nice. I’m guessing the ship to the U.S.? How are they grip wise?

another option I have is to spend a lot of money, and get the road relief saddle with CF base and D-grip handle. That would cost alot though.

The Jacks are amazing for grip…One of the best pedals for grip that ive ever used. Just go to your LBS that selles Kona bikes…They Probabbly have a set in the shop that you can buy. If they dont they can surely order tham for you.

I have eastern pedals on one of my unicycles. The great thing is that the pedal surfaces are slightly concave, which makes my feet feel nicely “wedged” into the pedals. The guys at my LBS who ride BMX say the pedals are super strong too.

thanks, road relief saddle is ut of the question, because t would take 3 months for scott to build it because he’s busy. I think I’ll get the jacksh*ts then.

-Miles

ok, so…

nimbus gel seat- $40
KH seatpost- $30
KH frame- $200
duro wildlife- $25
DH tube- $10
rim tape- $5
tryall rim- $55
koxx hub and 160mm cranks- $150
kona jackshits sealed- $65
spokes- $25
wheelbuild- $35
brakes- $160
brake mount- $10
seatclamp- $5

sub total- $850 including shipping for everything.

ouch. Time to wait for a few months.

Spend more than 35 bucks on the wheelbuild, Morish, or you’ll have to do it all over again in a week.

JL

that was an estimate. I have no clue how much the wheelbuild will actually be.

Miles, you would do fine with a torker Dx for a muni. $300 vs $850

I don’t like the dx because it doesn’t have a 3" tire, the seat is way to big for me, and it’s really heavy.

#1, It will take a 3" tire

#2, The seat will go just as low as a KH

#3, You wont be able to tell the diffrence in weight when riding it.

Mornish Evan speaks the truth…Having a Custom Muni is great as long as your not going bankrupt over it…Why dont you start with some thing like a DX or even the Freeride then do the little add ons as you go along.

evan, I meant width wise.

I still want to really try out a muni on the trails before I buy one, because Ive only been in a parking lot with one for 2 minutes.

I tryed to ride a trials bike once, i couldnt hop on it, but i think im going to buy this really souped up one for $5000.

your being sarcastic, right?

No, i just have some money laying around, so i figure why not blow it on something i dont need.

Im inclined to agree with the others, it’s going to be years of riding muni before you can really appreciate the quality of equipment you’re talking about. For instance are you ever going to notice the extra width of the tryall rim over the KH? Do you do massive sidehops on rough ground or big drops on to broken rock, bearing in mind you’ve never ridden muni? Sure you might do at some point in the future, but the KH will do you just fine for a very long time. Get a DX or KH and mod as you go, and a coker or somethign else fancy aswell if you’re insistent on spending the money. Otherwise you’re just throwing money away on high spec parts you won’t even be able to tell you have.