Muni questions.

also, I’ve never really used a 24" muni. I road on a Kh freeride for about 3 minutes in a parking lot at MOAB, but I didn’t really test it.

So basically now you are just getting the freeride with the tryall rim?

I would just get the whole freeride, you will be paying more for a weaker rim.

i see your point. I’m going to e-mail the people at UDC to see if I can get the freeride w/out the rail adapter and rail seatpost.

I wish koxx made 150mm cranks:(

also, the stuff that wouldn’t be stock on the freeride would be,

tryall rim
koxx seat clamp
nimbus gel seat
different pedals(I hate snafus)
koxx brake adapter thingy
and possibly a koxx-one hub(are they adaptable with Kh cranks?)

It sounds like you want a koxx muni, you want to change almost every single part other than the frame.

You can’t put kh cranks on a koxx hub.

I see. so pretty much I should get Kh hub/cranks, KH frame, and the rest koxx parts?

Just get a KH freeride and replace maybe the seat. It’s not worth it to make the muni “perfect”. Plus, the parts won’t be ALL that much better. It’s mostly in your head. :slight_smile:

What he said. I can ride better on my cheap Qu-Ax muni than my dad can on his shiny new Freeride. Equipment doesn’t matter nearly as much as skill.

most of uniing is in your head to. so If I think I have the perfect uni, It should make me do harder stuff:)

Nah, if you think that some of the best equiptment out there is holding you back because you would rather have something else that looks cooler then you are making excuses for lack of skill.

You won’t be muniing and say “I would try this really hard line if I had a try-all rim because it has holes in it and looks cool.”

Some of it can be nice (like the koxx cranks if you really can’t stand the extra q-factor in KHs) but thinks like a koxx seat post clamp would be there for looks.

the koxx clamp is double bolt. Is less q factor better for muni?

Oh, I don’t know that was just an example. Some people don’t like it, I do though.

?

whay dont you like the rall adapter

it gets in the way for sif.

have you ever used it or is this just what you heer on the internet

Ive used it. I pinches my fingers

it dosint if you hold the back of the seat more but i guess it a personal thing

how do koxx cranks and hubs compare strength wise to KH? Their cheaper right?

oh wow, I’ll save like $75 getting koxx cranks and hub.

also, if I get the koxx cranks, shoulkd I go short or long? They only have 140’s and 160’s. I’ll be using a brake.

The 160’s will be better for climbing and descending hill. But you may have to mod the frame to fit your legs(youve said before your fairly short) Cuz i ride a 24" Muni with 170s and my seat is just shy of touching the frame.