Most laughable CL ads

:astonished: It needs a little TLC and after one ride so will you!

image.jpeg

Wasn’t that the first prototype of the KH zero seat?

Shorten the seat bar, wrap it with a 1cm layer of hard needle-felt and a layer of hard leather and you’ll get the seat I learned on.

That actually might be reasonably comfortable if you rotated the seat 90 degrees.

Super cycle , skate bike , unicycle - $150

Super cycle , skate bike , unicycle - $150

I see these occasionally when searching for unicycles on CL, but the “Super Cycle” plate and the very reasonable price of ONLY $150 USD caught my eye.

supercycle1.jpg

supercycle2.jpg

Ouch! :astonished:

And in like-new condition! :smiley:

“Geez, this seat feels like I’m sitting on an iron pipe!”

Yeah, exactly the same feeling. :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

A “vintage” flattened seat on craigslist, for your amusement:

http://minneapolis.craigslist.org/hnp/bik/5683061660.html

I hope a kind soul will inject the picture…

lol… looks like an elephant sat on it.

Really that looks like a decent frame for such an old school wheel. No lolipop bearings? Those look like proper bearing holders, and a really stout, well built frame… wonder what that thing is.

I came across that one last week. Have been tempted to call about it just to go check out what the heck is going on with that seat.

It’s the new KH Fusion -1 (less than zero) saddle with custom ironwood handles.

uhm how do you steer that Super Cycle?

The front wheels are like a skateboard, so you can steer by leaning.

$400 for KH Unicycle… from 2004?

$400 for KH Unicycle… from 2004??

I have contacted him and he will go as low as $300 though.

I also posted this on another thread.

Just FYI, that looks exactly like an old Summit uni a friend of mine bought a while back for $50. Except the Summit is orange. It’s a tank, which is both good and bad. Heavy and indestructible. I wouldn’t pay more than $50 for it. Maybe $75. Just my opinion.

I’m guessing it had some padding on there once upon a time. With some not-so-thick padding, that would be similar to a lot of seats on professional circus performer unicycles. They keep you on the seat, but with no luxury at all. :astonished:

It’s from Japan, and from the 70s. Much higher-class than the Taiwanese lollipop models that came in the 80s-90s. I have a couple of examples, one is branded Oxford (matches the bearing caps) and the other is labeled Pro (same crown with brass cap).

Like Lance said, make him an offer that you’re willing to pay. You might get a very solid, super-strong uni at a reasonable price! And you’ll probably never break it unless you like to be very hard on your equipment and go big!