Moab 2007 flight, car and lodging share thread!

Answers and replies:

For uni.rider.13: I’ve also been to Arches already–3 times. Never seen it thoroughly, but I haven’t seen Canyonlands at all! http://unicycling.smugmug.com/gallery/491560#20074876

For Mornish: Not everything is appropriate to ride unicycles on. I think the terrain at Slickrock is actually more of a challenge, if not the same stuff, and you can still see Arches National Park in the background as you ride!

For ntappin: I’m still thinking Friday for arrival, though the earlier the better. What we could do is leave a little later on Monday, allowing time to see some scenery. If we rideshare, we’ll have to coordinate our flight times. The condo is $115/night for 1-2, $130 for 3 or $145 for 4. Right now it’s just me so it’ll get a lot cheaper if you join in! Expect gas to cost about what it does where you live, with about 500 miles of driving divided between whoever shares the car. Food. Registration and T-shirt.

For Ducttape and anyone else with “basic” questions: www.moabmunifest.com

For abbabibble: Walking’s cheap, but you’d better start now. :slight_smile:

For Joey: At the moment I’m definitely planning to go home Monday, but if you or anyone else wants to add a day or two we can make the reservation and figure out the money in advance. Unfortunately noon is a little later than I’d like to be leaving from SLC, so that could be a problem as well. Any options for arriving earlier in the morning?

For tholub: Talk to ntappin about driving down on Thursday, if that works for him. I can hook you up with the master bdrm or whatever in the Cedar Breaks if you want to share. We’ll just have to figure out costs based on nights stayed & stuff. I’ll shoot you an email.

For Keldridge and others asking about riding: Fitness level is much more important that riding skill. Consider the altitude of the trails, between 4000-5000 feet, and the mileage. The best thing you can do to prepare is any kind of fitness training to increase your endurance. The longer you can last before pooping out, the more fun you’ll have. I need to train too.

For Kristian and Thomas: It will be great to see you! I guess you may be staying next door.

For renonv: Work on starting and ending sentences. If you would like to be added to my email list for N. CA MUni rides, please send me an email. How old are you?

Anyway, the room price is listed above. Car? Check online to see what those are going for to get an idea. Minivans cost more, but if you have 4 or more people it divides up pretty nicely. I’m still looking at Friday morning arrival (looks like I’ll get there around 9:00am, and can leave on Monday either at around 5:00 or 9:30 pm. Do those times work for anyone else?

I’m looking for a ride from Moab to SLC airport on Monday, March 26th. I don’t need a ride down, just back up. The flight I’m looking at booking would leave SLC at 2:20pm.

Anyone have extra space in their car who has a similar flight time?

–Irene

I’ve booked Unit #2 at the Cedar Breaks condos. I’ll be sharing with Tom Holub and Nancy, with room for one more. We have the place Thursday thru Sunday nights. The cost will be $145/4, roughly $48.50/night. First come, first serve!

I have yet to decide if I’m going down on Thursday or Friday, so I don’t have my car figured out. Irene, you can ask Tom (tholub) about riding up with them, but they’d have to leave an hour and a half earlier to accommodate you. I will also ride with them if I’m going on Thursday, which I have to figure out in the next couple of days.

thank

Thanks to John Foss for the invite.I can write correctly just in a hurry when posting. I’m 30 and have some children that I’m trying to get involved with riding.Thanks again JB

Fantastic! See you guys there!!

—Nathan

Alright I finaly got the time booked off work, I’m looking at flights now and from the looks of things I will be arriving in SLC around 10:30 I think but I’m still looking at flight prices (damn looks like its about a full paycheck to get there), is there anyone that is arriving around that time that I could share a ride with? Or even lodging with?

I’m cool with sleeping on anything, I sleep on a couch at home so I do fine on just about anything.

if i have enough money to come out i will be sleeping in my car.
anyone who wants to sleep free is welcome to the back seat.:slight_smile:

Alright for anyone that I might be able to catch a ride with, I will be arriving around 11 or 10:30 at the earliest on thursday night, then I need to be back at slc airport for my 1 oclock flight.

Just did my taxes, looks like I can go to Moab this year. John any room left at the cabin? I’ll be driving from Corvallis Oregon by way of Portland and may have room for one more. It is a long drive for the old truck so I think I’ll do it in two days Leaving here after work on Wednesday.

Hey,

Does anyone have an extra seat in their car for a trip from Moab to SLC on Sunday or Monday? I’m trying to catch a 1:20pm flight out of SLC on Monday, March 26th. I found a ride down to Moab so the important part is covered, but it would be nice to get home at some point :slight_smile: . Of course I will pitch in for car rental and gas expenses.

Thanks!

We’re driving. It’s gonna be a long drive, but we’re takin it easy and seeing the sights on the way down. I’m am so looking forward to trying my hand at Moab and actually getting to ride with some other MUnicyclists for a change.

My MTBer co-pilot has cancelled on me so I will be going solo from the OKC area, and I have an extra bed reserved in a cabin at the Slickrock Campground. Due to driving a Ford Ranger I only have room for one though plenty of gear and am leaving early Friday the 23rd and returning late Monday night (possible Tuesday morning). Not worried about splitting the cost just offering to help a fellow Muni rider…

my parents wont let me go to the Moab Muni Fest. I wanted to sooo much.

Very sad wanted to unicycle soo much with you guys.

Send me vids of it plz!

I wont be able to go untill im out of highschool my parents said.

Cool there will be some Canadians!!!

Yeah, as of the last time I checked, we were the only two Canadian riders going.

…I wonder if Kris Holm is coming… he came the last four years, but he’s not on this years list.

Kris can’t make it this year due to a schedule conflict - he really wanted to come too.

—Nathan

Dang, well that’s too bad. We’ll just have to have fun without him.

If anyone is arriving by plane on Thursday morning around 9:00, I’m driving down from SLC. Can’t be too late though, otherwise I could have joined up with some of the other flyers. My flight home is on Monday at 4:00pm. Would love to share costs with someone, even if it’s only a one-way.

John,

I don’t know if you would be willing to leave Moab a couple hours earlier on Monday, but I am still looking for transportation to catch my 1:20pm flight out of SLC. It would be hugely appreciated and costs would be shared.
Let me know if its possible. Thanks!