Mini Handlebar on Guni

Nice work! It is yet another fine example of why I need to take up welding…

Nice work Pete,
When i first started thinking about a handlebar for Gmuni your design would have fit all my design concerns perfectly (brake under the plastic handle etc). However, becasue i don’t have awesome fabrication skills i went with the simpler lolypop frame clamped to rail adapter approach- getting rid of the entire front bumper and placing the brake on one of the fork arms. With time i think this approach was better for my style of riding- I like to be able to modulate the brake with my hands evenly placed on the bars. I also liek to be able to wrap 2 fingers completely around the brake lever to generate my braking force instead of using the spooner.

Hope your training for the karapoti is going well,

mark

Hi Mark the more I ride it i’m also thing a brake on the H-Bars (Too) would be good! (Maybe two brake levers?)
I finding that riding with the Bars that new Muscles are being used :thinking:
So will have to step up training for Karapoti :o
Pete G

Handlebars

I have found that handlebars might add a little to muni riding but not much. I tend to grab the handle only when jumping and dropping and that is obvious. When I was learning Muni (Not that I am not still learning!) I used to pull up hard on the seat handle when climbing up hills. I don’t depend opon the handle that much any more when hill climbing. I find that it is advantagueous to have your arms free so that you can balance with them.

The stock KH seat handles are pretty good. They could probably be improved ergonomically but not by much in my opinion.

That being said if you are racing and every fraction of speed is important then handles do become important.

Unicorn