Mean People

Why has there been such an influx of mean people out there in this forum some of you have been arround but just goten mean and synical. Others are new but mean to other readers/ posters.

Why cant we just all get along. Lighten up everyone this is a Unicycling forum. Relax put your feet up and lets just send out the good vibes. If you dont have something nice to say just keep it to your self. Didnt your mom ever teach you that?

Now the age of posters in here is greatly different from the verry young to the verry old and yes we have different views on what is acceptable. But think before you call people shill. Perhaps they are just trying to do a nice thing and inform people out there that a unicycle is for sale, and for anyinterested they may want to check that out. If your not intersested just let it go and thats that. If you are post your questions in a maner you would like to be asked. Not accusing them of bad equipment before you know what it is.

Ok so that last Paragraph is about one topic but I posted this as its own thread because things like this seem to be happening all over. Be kind to your fellow rider and FUCKING CHILL OUT!

Mean people suck, its true.

Re: Mean People

Ok, this from a guy who maintains a web site called “I Hate Clowns”.

I regret not making it clear that I was not singling out Nick. Nonetheless, I think the ease of posting on this forum makes it all too simple to make recommendations and/or claims without any supporting evidence. If you are going to recommend something for purchase, then give some concrete reason why you think it is a good buy. If your only reason is that someone you know is selling it, then simply state that as well. But whatever the case, be up front. I think it is reasonable to expect us to live up to the standards we hold our public officials to. (Yeah, I know they fail miserably, but let’s at least set an example for them here).

Nick more or less came clean in his second post in the “Custom girraffe on Ebay” thread. I did not actually accuse him of being a shill, but did use this strong word because on this forum we have no way of making decisions without information more detailed than just “hey this is a good deal.” An honest person promoting an item with no attempt to demonstrate the worth of the item is, in fact, indistinguishable from a shill; therefore in order to be distinguishable you must offer more than does a shill.

Raphael Lasar
Matawan, NJ

yeah

Before we get ourselves carried away, we must remeber that this is a unicycling forum, not a …errrr cant think of anything right now. Like Mike said, all you guys just chill out, theres no reason to take things to seriously.

Yep

Ok I dont maintain a site, its simply a side project. ( I dont really hate clowns, I just dont wish to be one)

And yes I dont like your views on alot of things, (JJugle) but thats no reason to be negitive and hate the world or anyone else. We disagree on stuff so what. I dont like Mayo, but millions of people do, I can live with that. So chill out be nice to everyone I mean really.

Yes I’m a fucking punk ass and not everyone has to like me. But lets keep that outside the forum and you can hate me later. This should be a good vibe zone! Lets take a lesson from the hippies out there and lets just enjoy life and be mellow.

Chex

If you have something negitive to say to me send me a private message or an email (MCarroll@usa.com) and lets keep it outside the forum thanks

ok checkernuts, i salute your admirable idealism (lets all just get along? how un-punk!), if u want people to chill out, why not ask nicely?
i use a particularly spiced version of the queens english in my ‘private’ life but manage to contain myself on the forum because of a sensitivity to the wide spread of ages of people reading and posting on this forum
yes, this is a unicycle forum and i’d like to think it’s a place any parent can let their young, unicycling, child roam at will
check the language will u?

as for being cynical, guilty as charged
:slight_smile:

(ps. if we dont chill the f#%$ out, r u going to beat us up?
:stuck_out_tongue: )

> Why has there been such an influx of mean people out there in this forum
> some of you have been around but just gotten mean and cynical. Others
> are new but mean to other readers/ posters.

I blame you.
>
> Why cant we just all get along. Lighten up everyone this is a Unicycling
> forum. Relax put your feet up and lets just send out the good vibes. If
> you don’t have something nice to say just keep it to your self. Didn’t
> your mom ever teach you that?

I think it’s your fault and you’re being utterly hypocritical.
>
> Now the age of posters in here is greatly different from the very young
> to the very old and yes we have different views on what is acceptable.

Yep. Swearing, name-calling, bitching… fine for you, not okay for anyone
else.

> But think before you call people shill. Perhaps they are just trying to
> do a nice thing and inform people out there that a unicycle is for sale,

That’s what shills do.

> and for any interested they may want to check that out. If your not
> interested just let it go and that’s that. If you are post your
> questions in a manner you would like to be asked. Not accusing them of
> bad equipment before you know what it is.

No such accusation was made. Do you think falsely accusing someone of
something fits in with your Be Nice policy?
>
> Ok so that last Paragraph is about one topic but I posted this as its
> own thread because things like this seem to be happening all over. Be
> kind to your fellow rider and FUCKING CHILL OUT!

Being kind to your fellow rider would include not swearing at him, I think.
Or using caps. Or telling him what to do instead of asking nicely.

Please make your points without swearing. I’m
not at all prudish about language but this is a public
forum, not a bunch of mates chatting in your
bedroom. You are lowering the tone, and
probably offending at least a few parents.

[Before anyone starts moaning about free speech,
kindly remember that freedom and responsibility
are commensurate.]

Gilby, isn’t there a set of posting guidelines
covering this sort of thing?

Arnold the Aardvark

Re: Re: Mean People

Arnie,

I concur with your points of view. The more upstanding the post content, the more professional appearing our forum will appear, which in my opinion is also directly reflected at least in a small way upon the appearance in toto of our sport.

Bruce

Re: Re: Re: Mean People

Uh-oh – now Bruce is comin’ out with Latin. It’s a whole different ball game, now. QED.

-Joel

I agree with Bruce. This is a unicycling forum, and it should be a place where any unicyclist, including those who don’t appreciate foul language, can be comfortable.

Nikki

Yes, dash it all chaps! The best way to avoid conflict is not to fall out.

Stepping back a little, it is easy to mistake unicycling for an enjoyable but absurd activity of no importance to anyone but its participants, and therefore not a suitable cause for strife.

And I swear like a bad tempered trooper from a rough family, but I’d rather not read it on here, thanks.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Mean People

No, I think he meant Toto, the dog of Dorothy, a b*** rider.

“b***”

hah hah hah hah.

PS: Jaguars new icon is P-I-M-P

I would very much like to learn to be mean. Is this the thread where I can get some good pointers?

“Harper” <harper.cje8n@timelimit.unicyclist.com> wrote in message
news:harper.cje8n@timelimit.unicyclist.com
>
> I would very much like to learn to be mean. Is this the thread where I
> can get some good pointers?

I’ll trade you meanness tips for unicycling tips. I’ll go first:

How to be a bully:

Threaten people in order to get your way.
Every once in a while, crush someone like a bug for no good reason to
maintain a fearsome reputation.
Scare people whenever it’s easy and convenient to do so. Knife sleights are
good for this, and brick breaking.
Lift weights and eat a lot. 20 rep squats 2-3 times a week and a gallon of
milk a day are a fine start. Do not eschew heavy waist work or bridges,
some of them hit back.
Carry a knife. A surprising number of people are much more scared of knives
than guns.
Carry a gun. Many people are much more scared of guns than knives.
Fight dirty. Hit first.
Cultivate a scary voice. Dog obedience training is a good place for this.

Your turn. Unicycling practice advice? Some other thread, probably…

Greg,

What little I know about unicycling, unicycles and unicycle events, I gladly share publicly here. If you want my “Secrets to Being Mean”, you will have to email me privately. You will have to demonstrate to my satisfaction that you have “what it takes to be mean” after which you will have to send me a check for $100 for my book, “The Secrets to Being Mean in 6 Easy Steps” and my accompanying video, “Making College Students Cry for Their Mamas”. This package includes my always popular, “Overcharging for Shipping to Anywhere in the World”.

Satisfaction Guaranteed or Your Money B…NO NOT REALLY CAUSE I’M JUST THAT MEAN!

Raphael Lasar
Matawan, NJ

Mayo represents 28.3% of the US economy. It is unAmerican to not like Mayo. May I see your papers? (I said " may I")

This message brought to you by the 2002 Condiment Patriot Act and the Mayo Defemation League, proud sponcers of the Use a hyphen or semi-collen instead of all those commas, Buddy, Resolution (soon to be amended in committe to include the word ‘please’).

-Christopher

I would just like to propose an amendment that explicitly prohibits federal funding for any international organizations that promote the use of or distribute Miracle Whip as a means of adding fat, moisture or otherwise providing smoothness to sandwiches, salads, or other comestibles.

If the kind gentleman from Mississippi will consider said amendment.

Raphael Lasar
Matawan, NJ

Re: the part not about mayo…the important part

No. This “thread” will do. Sit on the seat. Put your feet on pedals. Crank the pedals with your feet. Avoid falling off. For variations, try going faster or slower, taking alternate feet off of the pedals, going backwards, up, down, or sideways.

May I just send you the check now to get it out of the way? May I send extra cash?