Mad4one Promo

Sweet vid, I have one major criticism though…
Why did you stretch out the clips and have the ugly black letterbox on it? imo letterboxing can look nice, if it’s very small. It would have looked much nicer if you left the clips as 16:9 (imo).

Some of the tricks were a bit repetitive but yeah, nice video.

Actually, at the street comp at unicon xv (early january 2010), Adrien Delacroix landed a trey triple down a 5, and it was pretty clean. He probably could have done it down a 6 if he tried :smiley: It was still pretty crazy though, I must say.

Good, in your latest post it seemed like you set up the rules for what defines style and flow as you said colby “needed” to work on his style and flow.

The thing i wanted to point out is that you didnt seem to mention that it was out if your own perspecive of what what style and flow is. You just said he need to work on his style and flow as if you had the general definition of it. But as you say now, it’s your personal view of them.

Im not trying to be offensive, just think it sounded a little cocky when i first read it.

i personnaly would have prefer a shorter video with cleaner tricks and better editing

point taken. but you dont really seem to have a differing definition nor did you disagree with any of mine. am i wrong in my definitions?

all i was saying was that Colby needs to land his tricks cleaner (flow) and get a bit of variety into his riding (style) rather than flip trick after flip trick up and down simple objects. disagree?

With all due respect, and I really do mean that, I don’t “need” to do anything. Unlike a good majority of the riders here, I don’t ride for the pleasure of others. I ride for myself. If I enjoy doing flip tricks and taking them down sets, why should I be put down for it? If you want to see cleaner tricks and more flow get off your lazy butt and land them for yourself. I’m not doing tricks for you.

The riding was obviously amazing. I think the issue is that only tech street riders want to watch tech street because the tricks look so similar. If you’re doing fifthtriples and quadflips then tech street unicyclists are your only intended audience. Nobody else will see the difference or care. If that’s what you love doing then its not an issue, just do whatever is fun.

I really like Pau’s riding, it helped mix it up a bit. He’s going to be so good.

I guess it’s impressive to survive 40 failed quadflips down a 7, but it doesn’t seem like a lot of tries to land something new :stuck_out_tongue:

I honestly loved the video. while, yes, there was some repetition and sketchy-ness here and there, it was a very entertaining video. it was very well put together. editing was great, didn’t find it bland at all. the scenery was varied, great riding throughout , quality was great. then again, i love long videos with great quality. i liked the kangaroo at the end because it showed why you ride: because YOU enjoy it. duh. like you said, colby, you like doing those tricks. so you do them. simple, and i don’t see why people don’t get that? and i’m pretty sure yall decided to get those tricks cleaner before everyone here told you to, that’s a general goal. in sum, i really did enjoy the video. honestly, for something with that quality, length, sheer amount of uni goodness, and that much effort, you can’t complain. the only thing i will say, is that it didn’t feel like a promo, because you weren’t really demonstrating the product, it was more implied. but that didn’t make me enjoy it any less than i did.

i’m not sure what you meant when you said: it doesn’t seem like a lot of tries to land something new…

im not the type to over exaggerate quantity or quality. i was just guesstimating around 40 because saying he tried at least 1000 times is way out there.

but he honestly spent like 3 days attempting the quad an hour each day until he finally landed it. its actually pretty impressive how fast he landed it along with his triple backflip.

anyways it doesn’t matter what ppl think. colby does what colby does! i hope you liked his video!

I think spencer meant it was a smaller amount of attempts than what he would expect it would take to land a new trick? Confused me a bit as well.

Maybe I misunderstood what you were trying to say, sounded like the example of him trying a trick 40 times was supposed show how determined he is.

I agree with some of the criticism, but I did like the video and I’ve watched it a couple times, it just isn’t one that I would watch over and over like a sinco or Poham video…but videos like that are rare.

i understand thats how you like to ride. i do land my own tricks, i am a rider after all. man, not long ago you used to come to me for advice on videos and talk about style, etc. and i really liked that you were interested in improving in that area because you do have loads of potential. im just wondering what happened to all of that since

Sick sick riding Colby. Mad props for taking your flips to the stairs. Serious respect man. Ride for yourself, don’t listen to the self proclamed connaiseurs.

I like my hub too, way better than Ti.

if you publish videos and represent a company, then you don’t ride only for yourself
you can ride your own way of course, but i think that at least you can listen to critics, if you don’t want critics, don’t do any vids, or don’t publish it

My Contribution:

Everyone has different Opinions and Tastes in Both Unicycling videos and Riding Style/flow etc. not everyone can be pleased, there will always be someone with a different opinion. Just enjoy riding and do what you do best. :slight_smile:

tbh, in the past i struggled to take criticism (cronstuctive, trolling will never be accepted) so what i did is wrote at the start of the thread that i wasnt after criticism, i was just sharing for people to try and enjoy and nothing more. this worked very well and its slowly getting me better at handling criticism, but yes, it is always not going to be easy.
i understand that such a large amount of negative feedback isnt easy for Colby, but you really are a well respected rider. this video just didnt strike many chords unfortunately

I apologize for being a bit rude. It just gets old when you post a video for people to ENJOY, and it’s something you worked really hard on, and they’re hating on it. It’s like if I bought someone a gift, and they said, “So next time if you want to make me more happy, get me this.” Be happy I posted it you know? If you didn’t enjoy it, it’s fine, you just don’t have to trash it in public for everybody to see my flaws.

ah i see. i did say that he shows so much determination to land a trick, that determination would include a whole lot more attempts than 40 or so… i guess i was just thinking about how many times he popped his tire each day attempting the quad and fixed his tire (literally 5 or 6 times, which is frustratingly alot of times to fix when your so close to landing a big trick) as fast as he could so he could land this trick before he published the video. along with how many times he nearly landed it/racked himself and ignored the pain and kept on going.

i love the Poham videos! they are seriously the best unicycle videos out there but not many unicyclists have good video editing programs, skill, or really expensive video cameras like the pohams. they’re filming and editing is on a very professional level and they have amazing flow, and style.

but for colby i think he did his best putting this promo together because he was so excited when he posted it!

but ya i think colby focuses a bit much on flips and spins a bit much. (no offense man) i rarely see any flatland! so colby if your reading this, show us your wide rang ability at unicycling and do some flatland and get matthew to film some really cool video of you riding in old town. love you cuz! keep it real man

colby i really did like your video though! it had some seriously big tricks and i’ll always be jealous of how good you are! I hope i wasn’t a drag to ride with since im not as good as you! i did learn alot from you though. thanks man

Colby, the tricks in this vid were crazy!!! You’ve landed so many crazy stuff man, so respect for that!

I must agree that the video could have been edited and filmed better, but I think it’s obvious you were trying to show off your tricks, and not your filming or editing, so I don’t see anything wrong with that!

As for style, and doing too many big flip tricks, I don’t understand why people are saying you should work on that. Big flip tricks is your style!! Continue what your doing man, you’re style is only gonna get better.

For flow, you already have that too, as you showed in one of your last videos. Obviously not every trick you land is going to be clean, but only putting the clean tricks in would make an even better video :slight_smile:

anyone excited for the NCAA Basketball tournament to start?