Mad4one Promo

Colby, you’re amazing.

People are overlooking how big these tricks are and substituting it with the lack of “style” it had. You can’t expect a trey triple down a 6 stair to be flawless… He rolled away pretty clean. Shit… Last year i’m sure a trey triple down a 6 was looked at as insane. Here we are a year later and calling that “pretty big”. Colby, that’s insane bud!

And a quad down the 7? Are you kidding me? Let’s look at the bigger picture and take notes at how unreal that is. Yeah Colby is lacking style… But you can’t complain if they’re tricks you could only dream of landing… The techy stuff was sketchy, but that’s not what people should be focusing on in my opinion. I’m proud of you bud. If I were to respond to that call out i’d be done for sure haha :stuck_out_tongue:

Colby, you’re amazing.

People are overlooking how big these tricks are and substituting it with the lack of “style” it had. You can’t expect a trey triple down a 6 stair to be flawless… He rolled away pretty clean. Shit… Last year i’m sure a trey triple down a 6 was looked at as insane. Here we are a year later and calling that “pretty big”. Colby, that’s insane bud!

And a quad down the 7? Are you kidding me? Let’s look at the bigger picture and take notes at how unreal that is. Yeah Colby is lacking style… But you can’t complain if they’re tricks you could only dream of landing… The techy stuff was sketchy, but that’s not what people should be focusing on in my opinion. I’m proud of you bud. If I were to respond to that call out i’d be done for sure haha :stuck_out_tongue:

+1 said nicely

Colby I know I’m telling you this right now on fb but wow just insane. from all three of you. great vid period.

i also enjoyed watching that vid :slight_smile:
yes, maybe it’s a big long.
colby: Some of your trick get cleaner and cleaner. Some are really “super” clean like the 1 hand quadflip down the 4. And some are really sketchy :roll_eyes:
I would really like to see a video of you with all clean tricks:D i know you could do that easily, just take your time:)
to any terrain: Don’t criticize other people for not landing tricks clean, if yourself isn’t much better :wink:

Yeah I think you should do this. Maybe your like the rest of us, we are all sketchy sometimes. But you rush your videos and don’t try to film a clean version which is what most of us do.

Also, Any Terrain, was it really necessary for you to make another account just to say all that? The only difference from your post in this thread and your previous posts is that you didn’t hold back your own personal touch lol. But you still got the same point across, just speaking in a different way. In saying this, I think we all need to be more honest with our posts. I don’t believe in the “if you have nothing nice to say, dont say anything” saying.

I thought the video was pretty lame. I only say this Colby because we all know you can do 50x better, maybe even 55x better. You post the same tricks over and over and yeah the video didn’t at all feel like a promo.

To solve the problem the germans have to see it (blocked on youtube), here is the utv link:

Mad4onePromo

mad4onepromo.mp4

I think i forget to point out that I realy like the video! You guys rocks, kepp as you are.

um… what exactly are you asking? im not sure if its the structure of how you write or if its due to my lack of sleep but i dont understand what you’re trying to say/ask.

but to clear up anything that you might be aiming at is that flow is doing your tricks cleanly and not hopping around after them or cutting them early to hide the part where you fell off, etc.
style is basically the same but it also relates to the tricks you do. for example, doing flippy spinny trick after flippy spinny trick gets boring and repetitive because doing that lacks style. you need to get a bit of variety and creativity, mix things up and make them exciting.

many of you may disagree with my definitions there but thats just my personal view of them.

I like it so see such hard tricks on obstacles but the videos was way to long.
For me a promo is around one minute long and maybe should feature only riders with mad4one components.

Thanks to utv for uploading it. youtube sucks in germany.

In a promo don’t you often show the products from time to time as well? Just a shot of some cranks and pan up to the rider, doesn’t need to be studio shots or anything.

ALRIGHT GUYS. this is locke arrington. Im colby thomas’ cousin and i spent a whole week riding with him in fort collins, Colorado while he filmed a few of his tricks and i gotta say my cousin is the most determined rider i know. im not biased because he’s my cousin. but seriously he attempted that quadflip down the 7 set at the least 40 times until he landed it. there were so many BIG tricks in his video! i LOVED it! fifthtriple?!? i mean common guys! he’s the first one to land that thing and i know he’s done it at least another 15 times since! I love the kangaroo video at the end of the promo! the song is catchy and Pau is hilarious! i love his energy.

to that ATIS guy…or whatever his name was. i have one word for you: COWARD.

im guessing your like twelve years old, too afraid to post your opinion on your original account, and really hate other unicyclers who do big tricks.

I never thought i would come across a hater on unicyclist.com! we all unicycle and thats awesome! i’d hate to see unicycling turn into a trend where everyone who unicycles is known as a punk who hates on everyone.

people who skateboard (no offense) usually hate on other skaters. lets not turn unicycling into something similar. this is a community of unicyclists and we all should continue to be positive and congratulate each other on our small successes no matter the skill level, video editing, flow/style, or age/gender/etc.

grow up!

Anyways colby i got your back man! GOOD JOB on the quad down the 7 set, the fifth triple and the trey triples you did as well as the triple backflips!! your a beast! and the 97cm is huge! i can barely jump 50…i think. haven’t measured how high i can jump yet. but seriously colby is a well known unicyclist and i pity the fool for hating on him!

and btw if you complain about the video length… sorry to hear you don’t have 8 freakin min to watch a unicycle video. im sure you spend alot more time watching unicycle videos in total, why not watch one really good one?

so here’s a shorter video me and colby made on sunday. some clips you’ve already seen in his promo. but the purpose of this video is to share a memory of me and colby riding :smiley: enjoy! and please don’t comment if you have anything negative. this video is strictly for our memoir.

keep in mind i’ve only been doing street for 8 months and the tricks you see are the tricks i landed for the first time that week! so i don’t think it’d be possible to say i have no style or flow when i’ve only been riding for 8 months. thanks! :smiley:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Pi8ih-HH70

servus xD

haha guys this was awesomness wanst it i could watch the whole vid without quitting it in the middle because it entertained me very well … colby i love ur style when you bust out those flips incredibilty my dear

+1

Colby, just keep pushing the sport of unicycling like you are right now, no one can criticize you for that.

This video is way sick but I really liked the trey trip over the water! You said you would do it and you did haha Keep it up!

The thing I dislike about this community is that at the slightest hint of constructive criticism, everyone gets offended (this comment isn’t pertaining to ATIS’). Every single video is being praised and adored, even if it’s a piece of crap. I’m not saying this video is bad, but people to need accept that they’re not all going to make amazing videos. In fact, if I release a video, I’d value criticizing comments over the now standard, “oh good video!!!”

I have 8 minutes of time. I’d love to see more lengthy videos that are entertaining to watch for the whole several minutes. This video however, was boring to watch for the whole 8 minutes. It has some great clips, but it was bogged down with a bunch of other clips that could have easily been cut out.

If people have something negative to say then you should hear it so you can learn what you did wrong. If you’re afraid of criticism then don’t make videos.

But negative for the sake of being negative is not the same.

Negativity towards someones work does not = being constructive.

You can not like something and say “I don’t like this, I think this and that didn’t work and blah blah blah”

This is not the same as “I hated this, I hope you die and rot in a hole”

ok jon b. do you seriously think i dislike hearing criticism? and that i don’t post videos cuz im afraid of being put down? hell i could care less what you think about my videos, and i’m sure everyone could care less what others think. i give other unicyclists such as dane, my buddy, constructive criticism on how to do simple tricks that he takes to his advantage and learns from my suggestions along with everyone else who has something constructive to say. if i told dane that his videos were lame, boring or too short, lack of audio etc… first of all i’d be a dick to say that, second of all he could care less what i said, third of all his purpose for making videos is to show us what he’s done, how far he’s progressed and what he’s working on. his purpose is his own and we all love to help him! heck even i like watching him progress.

colby’s purpose was to show BIG tricks and colby was really nice to put Pau’s kangaroo video at the end, which ultimately made this video really long, which led to so many MISUNDERSTOOD and Negative comments. People don’t understand that Colby and I really love Pau’s energy and unique Video at the end, and so we decided to put the whole thing in. Technically the mad4one promo ended in a very REASONABLE length. and then BAM you get to see a really funny and entertaining kangaroo unicycling! i love it! hahaha pau is like my new favorite unicycler.

and pau deserves every second of his video in the promo because he first of all is on the mad4one team (which is impressive in itself) and second of all pau is insanely good at riding for how young he is! im madly jealous of every trick that was shown in the promo.

some people like eli or julia belk, who are really good at unicycling, put up really good vids with big tricks that flow really well and are impressive to watch. and they themselves love this video knowing that colby does a whole different style of riding, throwing insane tricks and posting his consistency. some people like me post vids showing that they have proof of landing a trick, and have a hard time landing it again and again. colby shows his ability to not only show proof of his big tricks, but how he progressively makes it look easier and easier. it was his first time landing a quad down a 7 set. so those haters who say its all sketchy can shut up. my first 540 was sketch. but i landed it. colby will in time make that 7 set look so easy to quad flip the more he posts vids of him doing it to remind us that he’s determined to improve!

ATIS said nothing that was constructive or of any value to me or colby. he insulted colby’s video along with everyone featured in it. he’s a straight coward too.

and whats wrong with hearing “oh good video!”? are you a blackhole of negativity that sucks reason out of giving positive feed back? you can’t possibly learn from something negative. ie “your video sucked…it was too long”

Ok…like HOW THE HELL can i please you, your majesty?

Firstly, Mad4One is the best unicycling company I’ve seen so far.

This video’s freaking awesome. I loved the whole thing even if it’s 8 minutes long (I know Colby really tried to shorten this down and it was really hard to do with 3-4 people riding in the video). I loved the kangaroo bit and the tripleback. I would really like seeing Maxwell Rainey landing the tricks in this video.

But I really do think every video deserves SOME criticism. If a person doesn’t know what’s wrong with one video, then they won’t learn.

I also don’t get why people hate seeing sketchy tricks. I mean, I’d rather watch a super clean trick than a lame sketchy trick but there’re just some tricks that are hard to land clean.

Thank you for your hard work of this video even if some people won’t see the good in it.

HATERS GONNA HATE.

Edit:Oooh I see that my “switch” “sketchy as f*ck” triple was the only trick Maxwell liked.

I could write a detailed response but you don’t care enough to take the time to read what you wrote so I won’t give any of my time to further the discussion.

~Swag~

Well I was perma-banned for “trolling” *after I got a warning)… whatever…

Yeah. I am a coward. I’m also 11 by the way. I think I made it clear though who I was, even without posting with my original account-but I’m still soooooo afraid. And yeah, people who do big tricks suck. I mean I can 180 late triple back but that is a small trick. Also I can 180 out of a 8 set handrail and grind 7 sets blind (with other pedal)-but that isn’t big… big now a days is like 9 sets.

I did say he should do inward/180/fakie shit… Because that would add variety to his tricks and make it less boring… But that is just pure hating really. And I am not a “straight” coward… why would you assume I am straight? I am an asexual coward.

You never will because I suck. And I don’t ride the same style. But more importantly because I suck.

And sorry I thought you were Colby doing a switch triple. If that was one of your first triple flips then cool and congrats; it was decent for a first.

-M

That warning didn’t seem to do much.

This is getting a little heated, I think everyone should take a step back for a second and try to be a little bit nicer, we all generally like each other. And this is something silly to get angry at each other over. I just did this recently, and it’s not fun, trust me.

All the comments so far have been very subjective. I recently got into an argument on youtube with someone because they claimed a video was too short, when I thought it was perfect because it didn’t have extra stuff in it. But they wanted that extra stuff. This is the same thing. It seems most fans loved it, and the others looking for a uni fix are used to shorter videos, it’s subjective.

You saw my comments previously, but I’m going back to watch it again, because I was entertained, and I wish I could ride like that.