Links to Moab MUni Fest Pics.

Time out, Edit…my uni…but that aint me lol I didnt wear white socks once that weekend lol

This is who was on my uni at the time…

http://extras.sltrib.com/tribphoto/gallery.asp?ID=59010&GID=8THA_032907&Pubdate=&sort=Gallery

Max

This is pretty much all the footage my mom got: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fP5NvrPtMzs

Finally got my gallery populated: Moab MUnifest 2007.

One more shot to add to the two already posted: credit to maestro8 for noticing it:

Hey, that dot racing is great. Too bad (for me) that I was sooo far back at the finish eh! :slight_smile:

I noticed Aspen Mike was wearing a Garmin GPS during the Slickrock ride too. I think it is great to ride with a GPS. It really let me know how much time I spend riding and how much was spent resting. I noticed our moving times were much closer (3:25 vs 3:45) and your heart rate was much higher and more a constant rate where as mine was up and down all day with all those rest stops.

Oh ya, I learned you shouldn’t mount the GPS on your helmet unless you want everyone (okay only 50% of everyone) to ask “is that a camera on your head?”.

Bryon

Nathan had a totally epic ride up the canyon on Sunday; he was only marginally faster than the walkers, but on that painful terrain (lots of loose sand hiding the rocks), he just kept going and going. Nathan won’t out-run you; he’ll just kick your ass.

I like orange! :smiley:

I didn’t think I was kicking anyone’s ass. I was just riding every bit I possibly could to try and keep my ass from getting kicked as bad by Beau and Mike who led the whole way up. Each time you dismount and remount, you lose ground, so it’s better to keep riding even if it’s at 3-4mph. At one point I actually caught up to them so that was good, but then they got away again. It is hard going against super fit skilled riders 30+ years younger. It would’ve been interesting to see Beau’s heart rate data. He wasn’t working that hard going up that canyon, that’s for sure.

—Nathan

Looks like some MTBers found you too.

Cody explained the details to us (and those were some great shots by the SLC photographer), but I still prefer to think of this picture as “Cody’s unicycle running over an unsuspecting guy who was standing in its way.”

Done! In what must be a personal record for myself, all my Moab shots are organized, cataloged, keyworded, photoshopped, uploaded and linked! There are two albums:
Moab Area Parks, and
Moab Muni Fest 2007.

I’d love help with names, like the guy doing the unispin on the giraffe, the three guys in “Moons over Moab” and other interesting shots. Please feel free to comment. You can also order prints of any that you like. I hope you will to help support my photography habit. :slight_smile:

BTW, all my NAUCC, Unicon, MUni Weekend and all 2006 shots are now uploaded and linked from here:

Enjoy!

Those are fantastic pics! I tried to save a few but couldn’t. Also, they appeared to be fairly small even though I clicked on the largest size.

John - great pics in the “Parks” collection. When I was there (using film), I would use up all my film rolls in the first hour and miss oh so many shots. The Utah desert has got to be the most photogenic area this side of Saturn.

Hey, did you only take the one shot of the overpass where the crane smacked into it on I-70? The crane and SUV that the debris fell on looked like cool shots, too.

Sorry about that, I have the site set up to prevent unauthorized copying. If people want access to larger versions of specific images, send me the links to the specific image (or the image #s) and I can set it up.

That’s one of the nice things about Smugmug, you can make the images right-click proof, as well as control what sizes get displayed.

For those that weren’t there, the very last shot in my Parks photo album is from the drive home, of a freeway overpass (on I-70) with a bunch of concrete busted off and sprinkled all over the roadway. I stopped to take that picture, as we were approaching a stop sign at the top of the exit ramp anyway. All traffic was being diverted off the freeway, presumably so we wouldn’t have to drive through that, as well as in case any more fell off. At first I thought it was a fault in the bridge. But then as we got back on the freeway on the other side of the exit, there were a bunch of stopped cars, at least one with a dented-up front and hood. That car probably ended up rear-ending another, possibly when they jammed on their brakes. At the front of the group was a big truck with some sort of framework or gantry on top. It was the culprit. Somehow it had hit the bridge, possibly at full highway speed. Severe framework damage! That’s gonna cost somebody…

But as I was back in the car and nearly up to highway speed again, I didn’t stop for that picture. I thought about it, but in the long run I’m glad I didn’t as it took quite a while to get back up to SLC, turn in my car, etc. It was a bit of a rush to the gate!

awesome gallery.

how do you like that candys on a uni? (im assuming thats your uni they are on, and that they are in fact the candy pedals)

Great shots John!!

Here are a couple Spencers mom got that he sent me…

Candy? Not sure what you mean. Is there a picture I should be looking at?

sorry for being vague, but the crankbrothers pedals.
there is a closeup picture of them on the first page.

The clipless pedals? Unfortunately I can’t remember who the guy was who had them, but he said he’d been using clipless pedals for a couple of years or more, though not necessarily on that uni. That one was brand new, and had never gotten dirty yet!